Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
Question Please help install weather display...

Hi!
I was hoping perhaps someone here could help me install this weather display on a K4.

These are the only instructions, I found...:
Quote:
First, you need to set up the server-side scripts. Then, you need to copy “init-weather.sh” to your kite folder and copy “display-weather.sh” and “weather-image-error.png” to a “weather” directory on your Kindle. Finally, you need to edit your Kindle’s crontab to run the “display-weather.sh” script at specified intervals. Running “init-weather.sh” will start the display.
I know how to install kite, and can SSH into the kindle.
But I don't understand what a crontab is or how to setup scripts... .

Thanks for any help
(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
http://www.pantz.org/software/cron/croninfo.html

++Use your favorite web search engine for "man cron", "man crontab", "man ..."
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert