Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
Edmund
Edmund began at the beginning.

Device: none
No buttons work

Hi,
I been having a little trouble with Calibre. I can't click on any buttons. "Add Books", "Edit Data", etc, nothing opens. What settings have I messed up?

Thanks,
Edmund
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Never heard of such a problem! What version of Calibre are you using, and what OS are you running it on?
itimpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
Edmund

Windows 7 and 0.7.7 Calibre
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #4
Edmund

Ahhhh!! Wireless mouse doesn't work on Calibre. Works with wired mouse.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Now that's a bizarre one. You might want to check the mouse with other programs to see if you're getting similar issues. I've had weird problems with mine when its batteries are low, through not that particular one.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
Edmund

It's the mouse that comes with a Wacom tablet. So their are no batteries in it. It works with every other program. That's why it took so long to stumble on the solution.

Ed
Old 07-09-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
It's the mouse that comes with a Wacom tablet. So their are no batteries in it. It works with every other program. That's why it took so long to stumble on the solution.

Some background info that may prove helpful: Each mouse is a separate device. Most programs take the input from all of them and handle them the same way. It doesn't matter if you move Mouse1 or Mouse5, both will cause the cursor to move. However, some programs do handle them separately. I have some games where the wife and I both control separate game paddles with two mice plugged into the same computer.

Also, the Wacom may not be reporting the mouse as a mouse. I'd start by asking Wacom, then maybe look for some utilities that will identify the different mice on your machine (sometimes used with game programs - particularly old video game emulators.)

If you figure it out, let us know. You're not the only one who has reported this type of problem.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #8
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
Not familiar with Wacom, but I would minimize all programs one by one and see if a hidden dialog box is floating around somewhere. Could cause this type of issue.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonfedelem View Post
Not familiar with Wacom, but I would minimize all programs one by one and see if a hidden dialog box is floating around somewhere. Could cause this type of issue.
The last (and only) time I touched Wacom on my wife's PC, it had a unique control panel, with options settings "Per Program"
That might require a different "generic behavior" be assigned to Calibre.exe
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote