Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 04:54 AM   #91
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingness View Post
And Alf has removed the comments on his blog so it's impossible to tell him about the issues which is really frustrating.
No, he hasn't; the comments are still where they always were.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 AM   #92
informale
informale doesn't litterinformale doesn't litterinformale doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Netronix EB600
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
No, he hasn't; the comments are still where they always were.
Indeed, look for "Comments are only enabled on my latest post." phrase, it has a link to the post where comments are on. But there's no mirror yet.
informale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 05:30 AM   #93
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
The link to download the tools lead nowhere, it says the link is not valid. Also, tons of viruses on that page, he should go back to the host of the previous tool, no viruses and download clearly marked. And Alf has removed the comments on his blog so it's impossible to tell him about the issues which is really frustrating. I've tried on numerous browsers: IE, Palemoon (Firefox), Opera and Chrome.
I've used Firefox and Chrome and no problem at all.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:32 AM   #94
znorf
znorf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I've used Firefox and Chrome and no problem at all.
I have the same problem as Nothingness on the pressure on "premium download" opens this message

[quote]The requested URL was not recognised as a valid URL. Attempted to load: [Link deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-21-2014 at 10:36 AM.
znorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #95
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Folks,

Besides pushing the envelope of what is allowed at MobileRead, the place to voice these "customer service" concerns is AT THE SOURCE. It only makes sense. No one here can do anything about potentially broken links over there. Except to say; "Works for Me." I never understand why people bring their Alf website/download access problems here. Find the comments section: use it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 04:08 PM   #96
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
@ John F. Help on what button to press on a website to download said tools and has absolutely nothing to do with installation of any files, or am I missing something? You seem to be hinting at other things but there is absolutely no mention of how to install tools even in a vague way, so how is it down to interpretation?

PS. Just to echo what DiapDealer says, if you are having problems with Alf's files (it worked for me previously but seems not to be working now), you need to go back to there, find the blog post with open comments and ask for help there.

Last edited by soulfuldog; 08-21-2014 at 04:26 PM.
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #97
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulfuldog View Post
That is help on what link to press on a website to download said tools and has absolutely nothing to do with installation of any files, or am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something. If any help is needed, then do a Google search.

Mobileread will not supply or allow any links to assist [re: Help] anyone in this endeavor.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #98
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Yes, you are missing something. If any help is needed, then do a Google search.

Mobileread will not supply or allow any links to assist [re: Help] anyone in this endeavor.

Don
(Moderator)
Yep, if anyone tried posting such help the post would be deleted and the poster would risk being banned from MobileRead. If not banned outright I'm sure a warning would be sent to them warning that they could be banned if they did it again.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #99
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Yep, if anyone tried posting such help the post would be deleted and the poster would risk being banned from MobileRead. If not banned outright I'm sure a warning would be sent to them warning that they could be banned if they did it again.
Right you are, and that's because Item 8 of our Posting Guidelines states:

Quote:
8. Links, Uploads, Copyright and DRM

Links to sites that violate copyright are forbidden and will be deleted. URL shortening services may not be used.

MobileRead does not condone or support the use of this web site to break the law. This means that we will not allow posting of instructions showing someone how to break the law, requests for such instructions, nor uploads or links to items that have the sole purpose of breaking the law.

EBooks uploaded to this site must be in the "life+70" public domain. This means that the author (or translator) of the book must have died at least 70 years before the start of the current year. It is up to the individual to determine whether any particular eBook on MobileRead is legal to download in their country.

It is our policy that while DRM removal may be discussed in the abstract, providing detailed how-to instructions, uploading of DRM-removal tools, or linking to sites where these tools or detailed instructions are provided is forbidden at MobileRead.

Further information on our policy on copyright, uploads and DRM can be found here.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #100
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I wasn't asking for help?! But no matter, a reminder of the reasons not to ask for help is always useful
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:41 PM   #101
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
The link to download the tools lead nowhere, it says the link is not valid. Also, tons of viruses on that page, he should go back to the host of the previous tool, no viruses and download clearly marked. And Alf has removed the comments on his blog so it's impossible to tell him about the issues which is really frustrating. I've tried on numerous browsers: IE, Palemoon (Firefox), Opera and Chrome.
I am having the same issue. I have tried Firefox, Chrome, Safari - no luck. Any suggestions? Greatly appreciated. Thanks!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #102
informale
informale doesn't litterinformale doesn't litterinformale doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Netronix EB600
See the comments at the blog. Someone has mirrored the thing you're looking for...
informale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:51 PM   #103
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Folks,

Besides pushing the envelope of what is allowed at MobileRead, the place to voice these "customer service" concerns is AT THE SOURCE. It only makes sense. No one here can do anything about potentially broken links over there. Except to say; "Works for Me." I never understand why people bring their Alf website/download access problems here. Find the comments section: use it.
I'm guessing it's because, like with many things (Calibre, Sony readers, Kindle) there is a community of folks who help each other here, in a forum that's easier to use, and better moderated, than most of the 'sources.'
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #104
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by informale View Post
See the comments at the blog. Someone has mirrored the thing you're looking for...
Thanks! I'll look.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 03:55 PM   #105
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The Tools link leads to a dead file indeed.

I expect someone will notify Alf and he will re-upload the tools.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote