Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Batch process of words for the hunspell user dictionnary

Hi,

I have a plain but rather big list of approved words in text format (one word every line) and I would like to insert all of them in my user dictionnary.

If I use hunspell with the command line.
Code:
hunspell filename
presents the words one by one, and I can either ask for the next word (Space) or insert it in the user dictionnary (i).

This is a tedious process. Is there a way to batch process this list?

I read in the man hunspell that the command
Code:
hunspell -s filename
"stems the words of the input text". Does somebody understand what it means?
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The User Dictionary is a Text file in the normally hidden Application Data folder

XP xample:
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user logon>\Local Settings\Application Data\sigil-ebook\sigil\user_dictionaries
It seems you can just use a text editor (notepad++) that maintains the EOL (LF only) (if your list uses CRLF, open that in NP++ and convert the EOL)
and add the list in Alpha order

OR just add the file to the folder (with proper EOL)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
I'm not sure how to get hunspell to accept words in bulk, but its a good idea. Editing the dictionary file is certainly fine - but it could probably be a bit easier.

I've modified the dictionary preferences to allow you to use Add to add one word or a list of words (separated by lines, commas, or spaces).
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thank you both for your replies.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote