Old 11-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #1
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Convert PDF to EPUB with source code in Courier and formated as it was

Hi!
I have a lot of PDF file like this one:
http://www.charlespetzold.com/dotnet/

It has source code passages, that should bekept in pre-tags or the font should be courier. Also paragrahs and indentation should notbe destroyed.

Is this possible. I found it easy to remove footers and headers and to keep the chapters. But I couldn't find a trick to convert the files in a way that the source code is still readable.

Any hint for it?

TIA
- Martin
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:35 PM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
PDF's don't have tags or anything, so you cant really hope for that to be reliably be converted.

You might want to try importing the XPS version of the book into Word (I'm not sure if Writer has an XPS plugin) you might at least then be able to preserve fonts and most formatting - and export back out as html.

At best with the PDF, I'd say that saving the file out to text and working from there(it preserved indentation of code blocks when I saved it as text from Sumatra) - shouldn't be too tricky to scroll through mark the file up with some basic text for easier editing(since you don't want to run regex over the code/eq's). Strip the header/footer and eventually use regex to unwrap most of the paragraph text. From there throwing it into something like Sigil and mark the rest of it up.
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:02 AM   #3
MRi
MRi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Is there no way, that I can see some used fonts or other styles in the PDF source that can be changed intelligent with some regualr expressions?
MRi is offline   Reply With Quote