Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
masmullin
masmullin began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505 Sony
Kindle DX Graphite - Just ordered Mine in Canada

Any other Canadians order the Kindle DX Graphite? I intend on subscribing to a newspaper on it, so long as I get pictures.

I own a PRS 505 and an iPad. I intend to give the PRS 505 to my mom.
masmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Are you certain you were able to order the KDXG?

I'd read some people weren't able to order it, that their order was changed to a White KDX.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
Ya, in Australia, I tried to 1-click order one with a cover and ended up just getting the cover!
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
masmullin

My order says "Kindle dx - graphite- latest generation" its picture is dark grey.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The KDXG web page now says (did it always?):
Quote:
Live Outside the U.S.?
Good news. Kindle DX can now be shipped to customers outside the U.S.
The white KDX is $20 cheaper.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
masmullin

Kindle DXG arrived last night. I really enjoy it.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:11 PM   #7
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Please let us know what the newspaper / magazine experience is like. When publications like Economist are stripped of their graphics and tables, it loses a lot. Colour is nice ... but well designed graphics and pics in b&w on a crisp screen are definitely good enough.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #8
masmullin

Newspapers/Magazines

News papers lack the pictures, however, the news blurbs they serve up are decent and let me know whats going on with the world. I pay more attention to them on the kindle than on a website. I've got free 2 week subscriptions to National Post/Globe and Mail/Ottawa Citizen. Im going to drop the Globe and Post and stick with the citizen because it lets me know more directly about my community than the other two.

I should mention that I normally dont pay much attention to pictures in the physical paper printings that I occasionally see (except those nice fronts to the "life" section or whatnot).

I haven't gotten any magazines because I DO pay attention to the pictures in those... magazines have a lot more graphs/maps etc to put visual context to a story, and the stories are usually much more indepth (newspaper blurbs are ~400 words long).

For the record, i WOULD get the economist as I used to get it in physical format (canceled my subscript because it would always come 1 week late, which is unacceptable for a weekly). However, the economist is not offered in kindle format to Canada.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
shiquanwang
shiquanwang began at the beginning.

Device: none
how much is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masmullin View Post
Any other Canadians order the Kindle DX Graphite? I intend on subscribing to a newspaper on it, so long as I get pictures.

I own a PRS 505 and an iPad. I intend to give the PRS 505 to my mom.
How much is it in Canada including shipment and tax?
shiquanwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #10
masmullin

Phillip: am I sure of what? That the economist is not available in Canada on Kindle... yes. Both the WSJ and The Economist are not available on Kindle in Canada.

Shiquanwang: Post is 13.99, G&M is 14.99 and the Citizen is 15.99. Over all the G&M is probably the best paper, but I want my local news.