Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #121
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm50 View Post
I think I have a Google account. How would I access Demonoid?
Thanks fo ryour help.
Melissa
We do not help people access torrent sites.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #122
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm50 View Post
I think I have a Google account. How would I access Demonoid?
You won't. Demonoid is a closed site that requires an invitation to join.

If the motive for wanting to is getting commercial ebooks free via torrent files, this is not a good place to ask. MobileRead is against ebook piracy, and "Where do I get pirated titles?" questions are good ways to lose access to MR.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #123
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I just wanted to say hi. I got my first eReader thanks to the Borders liquidation sale (even if there is such a sad story behind it) and I love it so far.

I'm looking forward to participate in this forum. All the best!
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #124
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi Andreiuta

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 AM   #125
allvinc
allvinc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi.

I just ordered my Kindle yesterday and can't wait to get it. Thanks for all the useful tips and suggestions you have for us noobs
allvinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #126
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by allvinc View Post
Hi.

I just ordered my Kindle yesterday and can't wait to get it. Thanks for all the useful tips and suggestions you have for us noobs

Welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 AM   #127
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have the company of all newcomers. You could, of course, open your own wee thread in the 'introductions' sub forum so that folks can welcome you aboard individually and make you feel even more part of the gang. Happy e-reading and very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #128
jedipencil
Enthusiast
jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony
Hi! I'm new... just got my first ereader - a Sony touch 350, and so far am loving it. Have about 50 small PDF docs on it and two books so far. (I've only had it for 4 days)

I'm an illustrator and an author (not published), and an ereader makes it nice and easy to squeeze reading time in... well, anytime!

This looks like a wonderful place!
jedipencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:04 AM   #129
Jar Jar Binks
Enthusiast
Jar Jar Binks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650 And PRS 350 Yay I got it !!! I got it !!! I'm in love.
Hey jedipencil,
Great Handle. Welcome!
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #130
azt33
Connoisseur
azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azt33 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Hi, new here too! I had a Kindle 2, but had problems with it as it wasn't the International version. Got rid of it. Now I'm in the market again for an eBook reader, but there are so many options nowadays, that it's difficult to make a choice! But I'd love the idea of just having several books with me...
azt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #131
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
So I have a question about the forum:

1. Would it be possible to make an "Ended" tag (like the "Classic", "Color", "Touch" tags in the Nook forum) for people to put on a post if they wanted? It would be voluntary, but nicer than having people bump stuff just to say "Ended".

2. Similar to above, would it be possible to have a handful of genre tags? Even stuff like "Fiction", "Non-Fiction" would be helpful; "Romance" would also be rather helpful, I think. Just talking out loud here.

Great forum, thank you for maintaining it.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #132
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
So I have a question about the forum:

1. Would it be possible to make an "Ended" tag (like the "Classic", "Color", "Touch" tags in the Nook forum) for people to put on a post if they wanted? It would be voluntary, but nicer than having people bump stuff just to say "Ended".

2. Similar to above, would it be possible to have a handful of genre tags? Even stuff like "Fiction", "Non-Fiction" would be helpful; "Romance" would also be rather helpful, I think. Just talking out loud here.

Great forum, thank you for maintaining it.
Each forum has different tags. There is already and sold tag for the flea market area and there are already genre tags for the eBook upload area. Why would you want genre tags in the nook area? There should not be books posted there. Ended is used for auctions and we don't do auctions here. There is no reason to bump a thread or to say ended although moderators may need to close one that is getting out of hand.

DAle
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:15 AM   #133
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Each forum has different tags. There is already and sold tag for the flea market area and there are already genre tags for the eBook upload area. Why would you want genre tags in the nook area? There should not be books posted there. Ended is used for auctions and we don't do auctions here. There is no reason to bump a thread or to say ended although moderators may need to close one that is getting out of hand.

DAle
I don't want genre tags for the nook forum, I am suggesting genre tags for THIS forum. The Deals, Ferebies, and Resources section?

I don't read Romance novels, and I imagine I'm not the only one. It would be convenient if we could tag the Freebie threads with something to indicate what the freebie is at a glance.

If I see Kindle Freebie: Burning Blood, I can't tell from the title if it's a Romance novel about a hot stud who gives his lady sexeh fevers, or a non-fiction title about CSI techniques for extracting trace evidence via heat analysis of blood, or a Fantasy novel about a wizard who can boil people from the inside, or a SciFi novel about a zombie apocalypse that is distinguished by "hot", feverish zombies.

It'd be nice to narrow things down a bit.

"Ended" would be for free deals that had ended. Did I post this suggestion in the wrong area?

Last edited by anamardoll; 06-16-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #134
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Sorry, I saw this in the thread Hello all you newbies, this is for you. and didn't realize which parent forum is was in. Ended would make good sense for the freebies and genre also I see your point. I original thought this was in Feedback. did this get moved? I was confused I guess.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #135
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Sorry, I saw this in the thread Hello all you newbies, this is for you. and didn't realize which parent forum is was in. Ended would make good sense for the freebies and genre also I see your point. I original thought this was in Feedback. did this get moved? I was confused I guess.
Haha, it's okay. It IS a very generic thread title.