Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
pixiepurls
pixiepurls began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Pixie's PDF Test (w/ images)

I used free knitting patterns from the interwebs to test with.

PDF #1 Source: http://www.saartjeknits.nl/ (right side of page)

It has seriously issues, none of the text was rendered.. I heard from a comment on a blog that if you create a word doc and export as a PDF then convert on kindle it can have these issues, I can't substantiate that though.

PDF #2 Source: http://www.helloyarn.com/wp/?p=370

Totally perfect conversion, even the image is in the perfect shape/size.

So I suppose it just depends on the PDF etc... I've been disappointed so far in that some HTML i sent through came through the kindle with a html P tag visible on every paragraph and then a .txt file I sent through (my address book, really simple text) came through with wacked out formatting, and even the Atlanta Journal Constitution (Newspaper) which I subscribed to has these weird "?" icons in it at certain places.

So far I am seriously un-impressed by the conversion Amazon does, or at-least the lack of consistency, however with that one perfect PDF conversion I know there is hope.

Last edited by pixiepurls; 12-08-2007 at 10:14 PM.
pixiepurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
LauretteBradley
Enthusiast
LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.LauretteBradley could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle reader on iPad and iPhone
Thanks! I like seeing experimental results!
LauretteBradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert