Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
NeweReader
Enthusiast
NeweReader began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
eReader Yet?

Hi Robert,

I was wondering if you have been able to get the eReader for the Pocket Pro yet? The last I remember you were working on it. I just haven't heard the results. Your web sight says that the Pocket Pro can read .pdb ebooks but mine does not. I have quite a few .pdb ebooks and I purchased the Pocket Pro because you said it would have eReader on it, so I figured I would be able to read them with it. So far it has been a wasted purchase. Please tell me you have some good news concerning adding eReader format to the Pocket Pro.

Thank you.
NeweReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
The PocetPro can only read eReader books that do not have DRM. IIRC, when B&N bought FictionWise, they decided that they would only license eReader to readers that did not support Adobe Digital Editions. Astak decided to include ADE on their devices. If you Google ApprenticeAlf's blog, you're quite likely to find the information you need to strip the DRM off of your eReader books.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #3
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
If ONLY Barnes& Noble had not bought Fictionwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeweReader View Post
Hi Robert,

I was wondering if you have been able to get the eReader for the Pocket Pro yet? The last I remember you were working on it. I just haven't heard the results. Your web sight says that the Pocket Pro can read .pdb ebooks but mine does not. I have quite a few .pdb ebooks and I purchased the Pocket Pro because you said it would have eReader on it, so I figured I would be able to read them with it. So far it has been a wasted purchase. Please tell me you have some good news concerning adding eReader format to the Pocket Pro.

Thank you.
Dear NeweReader:

There are plenty of people on here that can walk you through making your eReader formatted eBooks read on your Pocket PRO. That is the good news.

The bad news is that despite working with Fictionwise for almost a year, no SDK was ever sent to us so we could port it in. Fictionwise worked hard but JUST as they were close... B&N bought them. You would hope, as did I, that this would not change things. But after months of legal wrangling, B&N said that eReader was to be EXCLUSIVE! That meant we could not have both Adobe Digital Editions and eReader. We already had been selling with ADE ported in and paid almost $75,000 to get the rights. It was impossible to do what B&N demanded. Plus... still no eReader SDK for Linux was ready to go.

Please ask yourself what you would have done? I do HATE to disappoint you. I know it seems painful. We have to stick with ADE only as the other two formats are exclusive.

I suggest starting a new thred saying: "HOW do I get eReader eBooks to read on my Pocket PRO?". I think you will get all the help you need quite quickly.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
How come B and N let iRex have both eReader and Adobe drm on the DR800SG? Why does iRex get a break while Astak is left high and dry?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #5
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I wish I knew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
How come B and N let iRex have both eReader and Adobe drm on the DR800SG? Why does iRex get a break while Astak is left high and dry?
Dear luqmaninbmore:

That is a great question and I have no answer. I wish I knew! Let me try to contact Fictionwise and ask.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert