Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #16
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'm reading "A Confederate Girl's Diary" by Sarah Morgan Dawson. Posted here. Because I have done Revoluionary War re-enactment (I know - different time period from this book) and through it learned to like history, as long as it's NOT from a history book.
Be ye Yankee or be ye one of us?
As Bob is my witless, I'll never eat turnips again!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:05 PM   #17
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Be ye Yankee or be ye one of us?
As Bob is my witless, I'll never eat turnips again!
Um ... well ... Since we were doing the American Revolution, not the American Civil War ..... I was a "conscripted Tory". French persons, living in the Mississippi River area, just wanted to be left alone --- but were conscripted to fight with the Brits. So I was on the red-coat side! (More pics in my photo album -- in 2-3 minutes.) My unit was in "peasant" clothes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	18913  
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2008, 03:59 AM   #18
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Brilliant Moon. Dilgo Kyentse Rinpoche's biography/ autobiography. The first half is what he wrote about his life and the second anecdotes about his life from his students perspectives.

Why am I reading it? at this point I have no idea why I do anything other than it might deliver me some pleasure or some future advantage.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 01:00 AM   #19
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Oops! I only see part of everything and missed the "non"!

For non-fiction, it's "How to Make Wired Jewelry." It's a scanned in PDF of a booklet I bought at a gem show oever he weekend.
Dixigal, how did you manage to find an eCopy of How to Make Wire Jewelry? I have and have read the paper version. My current nonfiction read is Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Why because it was downloadable and I am, as always curious.
Please excuse any and ok spelling errors. I am entering this from my Touch.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #20
carpii
Enthusiast
carpii began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I'm reading "A Confederate Girl's Diary" by Sarah Morgan Dawson. Posted here. Because I have done Revoluionary War re-enactment (I know - different time period from this book) and through it learned to like history, as long as it's NOT from a history book.
Im reading this too, Im about halfway through it and enjoying it lots.

I sometimes forget its not fiction, but is actually someones diary from the time, and its easy to forget how scary it must have been in the middle of the civil war with your town being shelled.

I hadnt heard of Baton Rouge before, but Ive since found out its the 2nd biggest city in Lousiana. Its strange to read about it being a fairly small homely place, and to now see pics of it as a sprawling metropolis. Also I like to go onto Google Maps and find some of the places she talks about, like Clinton etc.

Finally if you wonder what the author she looks like, I found

a photo of her

I recommend this book to anyone even though I havent yet finished it
carpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #21
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpii View Post
I hadnt heard of Baton Rouge before, but Ive since found out its the 2nd biggest city in Lousiana. Its strange to read about it being a fairly small homely place, and to now see pics of it as a sprawling metropolis.
Where are you from? IF the US, didn't you study the state capitals as a kid?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #22
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
I'm working on the Diary of Samuel Pepys. Just finished Year 3, in which he is mainly concerned with work, home renovations, and turf wars with the neighbors. Oh, and he finally learns the multiplication tables.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #23
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
I'm reading Quirkology and The woman who swallowed a toothbrush, I like books like these so it's not something new for me. Quirkology is interesting in the peculiarity of the experiments plus I want to know what drawing a Q on my forehead has to do with anything and I've just started TWwSaT so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #24
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'm reading "Jewellery - Fundamentals of Metalsmithing" - Tim McCreight (UK edition) - as a pbook. There is no way my Sony is going anywhere near a hot flame and molten silver! Why - because I want to improve my silversmithing techniques

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 12-14-2008 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Adding the reason
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #25
carpii
Enthusiast
carpii began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad or Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Where are you from? IF the US, didn't you study the state capitals as a kid?

BOb
Im from the UK, and so no
carpii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:39 PM   #26
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpii View Post
Im from the UK, and so no
ah... that certainly explains it. Hip hip cheerio! (do you actually say that?)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:39 AM   #27
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Hip hip cheerio! (do you actually say that?)

BOb
No .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #28
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
ah... that certainly explains it. Hip hip cheerio! (do you actually say that?)

BOb
It's "pip, pip - cheerio" (and only before afternoon tea).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
It's "pip, pip - cheerio" (and only before afternoon tea).
teehee !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #30
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Dixigal, how did you manage to find an eCopy of How to Make Wire Jewelry? I have and have read the paper version. My current nonfiction read is Einstein's Theory of Relativity. Why because it was downloadable and I am, as always curious.
Please excuse any and ok spelling errors. I am entering this from my Touch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'm reading "Jewellery - Fundamentals of Metalsmithing" - Tim McCreight (UK edition) - as a pbook. There is no way my Sony is going anywhere near a hot flame and molten silver! Why - because I want to improve my silversmithing techniques
Hey, add MJH into the mix of us gemstone and jewelry collectors, and we have a thread of our own! I'm really disappointed in a batch of tumbled stones that were supposedly finished up this weekend - they are nice and smooth, but dull as dishwater. They didn't polish at all. Any ideas about what went wrong?

As for the 1979 version of "How to make wire jewelry," I had to mangle the pbook by cutting it apart, then popped it onto my office scanner. Got a nice, clear, colorful PDF version with this new machine they brought in a few weeks ago.

AM: Where did you learn silversmithing? Tim is fixing to enter the forge soon, while I start taking faceting courses.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote