Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #27751
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
We did square dancing in elementary in Texas (4th grade, if I recall). Then I learned two-step and waltz from my aunts at the annual street dances. My aunt could Schottische - I think I managed it once, and have forgotten how, now. I loved line dancing, but have now forgotten most of that as well. Two-step and Cotton Eyed Joe I can still do though!
We didn't do square dancing much, I think just a couple weeks one year. My current taste leans more toward contra dance, but I haven't done that in far too long. I got to line dance at a friend's wedding back home last fall, though! (Badly. Very, very badly. But fun.)
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #27752
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by natasha_fawn View Post
We didn't do square dancing much, I think just a couple weeks one year. My current taste leans more toward contra dance, but I haven't done that in far too long. I got to line dance at a friend's wedding back home last fall, though! (Badly. Very, very badly. But fun.)
Well, I managed to re-learn the Electric Slide (or Tulsa Time, depending on where you're from, I guess). But yeah, line dancing is a blast. I miss it.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:09 AM   #27753
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
If you go to your Control Panel -- Settings and Options -- Edit Options, you can choose to be "invisible" which means we can't tell whether or not you are online. Apparently you have that checked.
Thanks Betty, found it!
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:45 AM   #27754
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
Thanks Betty, found it!
For transparency, I'd just note that being "invisible" will not hide you from the all-seeing eye of Sauron...err, I mean the Moderators.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:36 AM   #27755
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen0t View Post
I know this is a mistake, but if I don't say it, I can't sleep.
When I found this place, I thought maybe now, I won't have to be so alone.
That I could learn how to be social.
Have friends.
Talk to people.
I never really have before. In 47 years.
I did learn things.
My opinion doesn't matter.
People can be mad at me, but I'm not allowed to be mad at them.
That I am nothing, to be tossed aside without thought.
That there are no friends and no place for me in the virtual world either.
I never hid the fact that I don't communicate well.
I only talk to a dog.
I just wish I never found this place.
Because losing it because I am who I am hurts.
I never meant to bring anyone else pain.
I just wanted to be a part of the world too.
I know what happens now.
I am sorry.

Recluse

Good Evening (where I am),

Being alone and being lonely are actually two different things my friend.
You can be alone and quite satisfied with who you are.
You can also be lonely with a swag of friends (acquantances) milling all around you.

"You are a child of the Universe" to quote a well known poem.

You maybe have some sort of disability which you find difficult to control.

Most of us have had to learn (maybe the hard way) to suppress individuality, and to conform. That's the price of civilization.

I sincerely hope that you will be allowed to contribute to the forums, and we will be able to have a lovely eccentric brother, cousin, uncle or whatever, whom we will accept with civility.

Cheers.

Nohmi
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:42 AM   #27756
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
For transparency, I'd just note that being "invisible" will not hide you from the all-seeing eye of Sauron...err, I mean the Moderators.

Cheers,
Marc

Bugga!!

Cheers
Old 02-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #27757
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen0t View Post
I know this is a mistake, but if I don't say it, I can't sleep.
When I found this place, I thought maybe now, I won't have to be so alone.
That I could learn how to be social.
Have friends.
Talk to people.
I never really have before. In 47 years.
I did learn things.
My opinion doesn't matter.
People can be mad at me, but I'm not allowed to be mad at them.
That I am nothing, to be tossed aside without thought.
That there are no friends and no place for me in the virtual world either.
I never hid the fact that I don't communicate well.
I only talk to a dog.
I just wish I never found this place.
Because losing it because I am who I am hurts.
I never meant to bring anyone else pain.
I just wanted to be a part of the world too.
I know what happens now.
I am sorry.

Recluse
WOW.

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:44 AM   #27758
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
Hey Watson got that answer correct on Jeopardy!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #27759
nohmi2
Pensively observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
WOW.

WOW indeed!!!

I would say that was a cry of pain, wouldn't you?

Cheers
Old 02-16-2011, 05:14 AM   #27760
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
WOW indeed!!!

I would say that was a cry of pain, wouldn't you?

Cheers
I thought Recluse was banned?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:25 AM   #27761
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
He is. That was a different login...
Old 02-16-2011, 05:27 AM   #27762
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
He is. That was a different login...
Is that allowed?

Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:46 AM   #27763
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
I'm playing Sky Force
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 06:07 AM   #27764
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
that had happened before I came here, right? why did he get banned?

just like Kenny, I wanted to say: WOW.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:48 AM   #27765
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
I see no reason for not giving someone a second chance.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?