Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #76
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
There's also a list of Cons, Burglars, and Pickpockets over at All About Romance that contains a number of highwayman heroes and heroines. Many of the romances listed were written in the 2000s.
Thank you all so much! I now have plenty of titles that I will get sick of the theme no doubt!

I do recommend Dark of the Moon by Karen Robards. I really enjoyed it. If only it would come out in ebook! I do love her historicals if she'd write more I'd buy them. I don't care for her Romantic suspense stories too much of a thriller for me. Tiger's Eye is my all time favorite. The hero is a leader of the London's underworld. How's that for unconventional and no he is not really a nice guy but it works!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 AM   #77
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Blossom have you read the Banning Sisters historical trilogy by Robards?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #78
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Audible has a BOGO Romance sale (buy 2 books for 1 credit) going through February 9th

Not a great selection, but some folks might find something they want.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 02-07-2013 at 02:06 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #79
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Blossom have you read the Banning Sisters historical trilogy by Robards?
I have not read her later stuff but the first book sounds intriguing.
I just picked up at BOB for $5.33 a piece the first two books she published. Island of Flame and Sea Fire. It's sounds like a very old school romance. I own several of her older books in paperback and trying to rebuy the ones in worse shape in ebook form.

If anyone see this before 3AM EST time @ Amazon:
$1.99 Kindle Romance Deal of the Day:

First Love, Wild Love by Madeline Baker
I have not read her historicals but I love her Vampire books.
This looks to be old school as it was published in 1989.
Original Cover here as the new one is bleh.
It's a Native American/ Western Historical Romance.

Last edited by Blossom; 02-07-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:53 PM   #80
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Audible has a BOGO Romance sale (buy 2 books for 1 credit) going through February 9th

Not a great selection, but some folks might find something they want.
I see two I might get... I am turning into a credit hoarder.
Advert
Old 02-07-2013, 11:27 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I have not read her later stuff but the first book sounds intriguing.
I just picked up at BOB for $5.33 a piece the first two books she published. Island of Flame and Sea Fire. It's sounds like a very old school romance. I own several of her older books in paperback and trying to rebuy the ones in worse shape in ebook form.
Also picked up Forbidden Love at Amazon for under $6 BOB doesn't have it. It just came out in ebook form then I found out she has a few self published titles on Amazon so I grabbed those too.

One contemporary she wrote Night Magic $2.99 doesn't sound like the thrillers she writes today so I picked that one up. Wild Orchids is also $2.99 but I have the hardback of the that one with big print so I am debating on that one.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:33 AM   #82
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I read tons of Karen Robards in the 80's and 90's. She was one of my fave authors. I read most of the bodice rippers, and some of the contemps. I haven't read the Banning books, but they look good. I may have read a few of her earlier romantic suspense books, the one I remember was One Summer which was excellent. I don't think I read anything of hers after that date (1993). Looking at her bibliography, she wrote only RS for the rest of the decade. I quit a lot of authors that decade. I didn't want to read their murder mysteries etc. wrapped up in a romantic blanket. I wanted ROMANCE. Iris Johansen was another who did it, and there were more. I was very disappointed in them.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM   #83
auntykatkat
Evangelist
auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auntykatkat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook/Nook Color
Free today at B&N: Boomerang Bride by Fiona Lowe

Matilda Geoffrey had risked it all for love.

She'd left Australia to be with Barry—the man who had swept her off her virtual feet. Now, wearing a wedding dress, she's alone on Main Street in small-town Wisconsin, and things aren't working out exactly as planned….

In town for his annual family visit, Marc Olsen had never seen a bride quite like Matilda—staring into a storefront window, holding a tottering wedding cake and looking desperately in need of a groom. He doesn't have many warm feelings for his hometown, but meeting Matilda just as she discovers she's been scammed by her online "fiancé" stirs something in him.

Matilda is not the kind of woman Marc imagined himself with, and Marc is anything but the romantic hero that Matilda has always dreamed of. But as unlikely circumstances throw them together, can they let go of their misconceptions and risk their hearts for love?
auntykatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #84
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntykatkat View Post
I picked this one up. Thanks!

Last edited by jersysman; 02-08-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Corrected the QUOTE
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #85
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
From Samhain

Quote:
Receive 30% off this month's featured titles with coupon code VALENTINE (Exp. 2/28/13 Midnight EST)
Featured Titles
Wolf Nip by Vivian Arend
Daughter of Gold by Janeen O'Kerry
Winter's Thaw by Jayne Rylon & Mari Carr
Winter Pleasures: The Training by Anya Bast
Wayward One by Lorelie Brown
Worth Everything by Karen Erickson
Soul Deep by Anne Hope

Horror--
Psycho Therapy by Alan Spencer

NOTE: The 30% off coupon stacks with their regular 30% off on new releases and pre-orders. Some of these books are new releases so while the coupon's good until Feb. 28th the best deal is to be had if bought before Feb. 12th when they will no longer be new releases.

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #86
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:

I read this when it first came out and definitely recommend it. I have several Aussie friends and the heroine, Matilda, rings very true to me.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #87
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
From Samhain

Featured Titles
Wolf Nip by Vivian Arend
Daughter of Gold by Janeen O'Kerry
Winter's Thaw by Jayne Rylon & Mari Carr
Winter Pleasures: The Training by Anya Bast
Wayward One by Lorelie Brown
Worth Everything by Karen Erickson
Soul Deep by Anne Hope

Horror--
Psycho Therapy by Alan Spencer

NOTE: The 30% off coupon stacks with their regular 30% off on new releases and pre-orders. Some of these books are new releases so while the coupon's good until Feb. 28th the best deal is to be had if bought before Feb. 12th when they will no longer be new releases.
Very excited to pick up Wolf Nip for an extra 30% off. I was waiting on pre-ordering it, hoping they would come out with a coupon for Valentine's Day. Wayward One by Lorelei Brown sounds good too, so I will probably get it also.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #88
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Wow! To get this one for free! WTG Carina Press! I am loving their freebies.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:24 PM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I read tons of Karen Robards in the 80's and 90's. She was one of my fave authors. I read most of the bodice rippers, and some of the contemps. I haven't read the Banning books, but they look good. I may have read a few of her earlier romantic suspense books, the one I remember was One Summer which was excellent. I don't think I read anything of hers after that date (1993). Looking at her bibliography, she wrote only RS for the rest of the decade. I quit a lot of authors that decade. I didn't want to read their murder mysteries etc. wrapped up in a romantic blanket. I wanted ROMANCE. Iris Johansen was another who did it, and there were more. I was very disappointed in them.
I know right? What is with the authors all going for the Thrillers these days and calling them romantic suspense. I can them scary! I love Romantic Suspense but not these psychological thrillers wrapped up as one.

Kudos to JoAnn Ross who told her publisher that she couldn't do anymore because she felt like she has serial killers living in her head and it was freaking her out. She now writes regular small town romance and I hear it is a good series.

What I love about Karen Robards' historicals is the Characterization in them are excellent. She really knows how to build up a story and build you in and not let you go till the last page.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #90
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's DRM-free also, so download and convert as necessary.

Quote:

Matilda Geoffrey had risked it all for love.

She'd left Australia to be with Barry—the man who had swept her off her virtual feet. Now, wearing a wedding dress, she's alone on Main Street in small-town Wisconsin, and things aren't working out exactly as planned….

In town for his annual family visit, Marc Olsen had never seen a bride quite like Matilda—staring into a storefront window, holding a tottering wedding cake and looking desperately in need of a groom. He doesn't have many warm feelings for his hometown, but meeting Matilda just as she discovers she's been scammed by her online "fiancé" stirs something in him.

Matilda is not the kind of woman Marc imagined himself with, and Marc is anything but the romantic hero that Matilda has always dreamed of. But as unlikely circumstances throw them together, can they let go of their misconceptions and risk their hearts for love?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote