Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
zod
zod began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
Best place to buy a PB360 ?

Is the online shop : http://shop.pocketbookreader.com/Poc...B360-Black.htm the best place to buy one ?

In europe so wondering if you get hit for customs .. when buying from this site ?

thanks
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
If you're in the EU, contact our member Forkosigan. He will be able to sell you the PB360 (with 2 year guarantee). He is working for Pocketbook! If you're able to wait a little, there will be an official site where you can get the Pocketbook.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
zod
zod began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
If you're in the EU, contact our member Forkosigan. He will be able to sell you the PB360 (with 2 year guarantee). He is working for Pocketbook! If you're able to wait a little, there will be an official site where you can get the Pocketbook.
Pm'd him .. thanks
zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #4
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
If you are in Americas -yes. If you're in EU - it's logical to shop from a European distributor.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
If you are in Americas -yes. If you're in EU - it's logical to shop from a European distributor.
It's always best to buy your reader from a distributor that lives nearest to you, of course.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
DerSchwarzePrinz
DerSchwarzePrinz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zod View Post
Pm'd him .. thanks
As I know this is the german homepage for shopping pocketbook devices:

http://my-ebook-reader.de/

But the shop is not open yet ...
DerSchwarzePrinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:49 AM   #7
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerSchwarzePrinz View Post
As I know this is the german homepage for shopping pocketbook devices:

http://my-ebook-reader.de/

But the shop is not open yet ...
Shop now open and devices shipping from 02-12-2009 (apparently) - I'm one click away!

UPDATE: I was a bit premature - the devices are now listed, with pricing and specs, but you can't quite click to buy yet - I guess that will hapen on 02-12?

Last edited by orwell2k; 11-30-2009 at 08:38 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
*Sigh* this reader is sooo tempting. But i just got the Sony. But the Sony not as "sexy".

Now I have to make a big decision: do I buy the 360 while in Europe or spend my money on shoes (I usually go shoe shopping when in Europe). I do need shoes, down to 15 pair, and the grey ones need replacing).

Mmmh, might "hint, hint, nudge, nudge , say no more ...." to the family - Christmas is coming afterall.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:27 AM   #9
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
*Sigh* this reader is sooo tempting. But i just got the Sony. But the Sony not as "sexy".

Now I have to make a big decision: do I buy the 360 while in Europe or spend my money on shoes (I usually go shoe shopping when in Europe). I do need shoes, down to 15 pair, and the grey ones need replacing).

Mmmh, might "hint, hint, nudge, nudge , say no more ...." to the family - Christmas is coming afterall.
My advice - do both! Just a thought, but you only live once and all that!

I am so close to ordering this device as well - every query I raise comes back with positive answers (at least for my uses) and the compactness of this little baby is outstanding. I think I really need to hit that order button now...

I keep comparing it to my BeBook (Hanlin V3 clone) and sexiness aside, from a technical standpoint the PB360 keeps coming up as good or better than the V3 - and I do love my V3 for reader functionality and flexibility.

I will use the EU (German) site just for ease of returning if there's any problem, and to support their build-up. I guess since you're from Oz you will probably use the US site (a little cheaper cost, and you have to order international anyway)?

Best of luck, but as I said - my vote is for the shoes and the PB360! After all, you have to look good while you read, and I'm sure you can get the shoes and reader to comlement one another, so it really becomes an essential part of the ensemble...

Last edited by orwell2k; 11-30-2009 at 07:32 AM.
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:26 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
Best of luck, but as I said - my vote is for the shoes and the PB360! After all, you have to look good while you read, and I'm sure you can get the shoes and reader to comlement one another, so it really becomes an essential part of the ensemble...
well, i'm convinced.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #11
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
My advice - do both! Just a thought, but you only live once and all that!

I am so close to ordering this device as well - every query I raise comes back with positive answers (at least for my uses) and the compactness of this little baby is outstanding. I think I really need to hit that order button now...

I keep comparing it to my BeBook (Hanlin V3 clone) and sexiness aside, from a technical standpoint the PB360 keeps coming up as good or better than the V3 - and I do love my V3 for reader functionality and flexibility.

I will use the EU (German) site just for ease of returning if there's any problem, and to support their build-up. I guess since you're from Oz you will probably use the US site (a little cheaper cost, and you have to order international anyway)?

I would use the European site as I will be in Europe the over Christmas. And i love your suggestion of getting both - alas, how to convince OH?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
coredump
Enthusiast
coredump began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Who needs 15 pairs of shoes... I have 3 pairs and do quite well

Who needs shoes when you have a Pocketbook 360?
coredump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #13
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post

Reading PocketBook in shoes?! Do they match to black or ivory colors of PB?))
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #14
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by coredump View Post

Are you male? You have to be male! No woman would ever ask that question.

Don't you know that black isn't black and the shoes gotta match the seem?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:59 AM   #15
Alilas
Text Transformer
Alilas began at the beginning.

Device: ivory PB360 and Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Reading PocketBook in shoes?! Do they match to black or ivory colors of PB?))
Well, now do we have to buy shoes that match PB's colours or buy PB that match shoes' colour???
Alilas is offline   Reply With Quote