Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Looks like a new nook is on the way...

Article on Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/04/b...to-securities/

I wonder if this will be a new eInk reader...
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Hmmmm...piqued my interest. We'll see.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #3
detayls
Addict
detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.detayls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Voyage
Better e-Ink nook

My guess is that a new and better e-Ink Nook is on the way.

As I may have said before I believe it will be cheaper than the Kindle 3, which means no silly color strip on the bottom.

You saw it here first! $99 and a keyboard like the Kindle 3. Let the e-Ink wars commence!

detayls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 AM   #4
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post
My guess is that a new and better e-Ink Nook is on the way.

As I may have said before I believe it will be cheaper than the Kindle 3, which means no silly color strip on the bottom.

You saw it here first! $99 and a keyboard like the Kindle 3. Let the e-Ink wars commence!

I'd buy that to go with my Nook Color for sho!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I'd say there are definite signs that the "classic" Nook is being discontinuedL (The sale on covers, other accessories not longer available)

I do hope a new, lighter eInk reader with better battery life is what's coming!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:05 AM   #6
biblio_run
biblio_run began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hoping for a new e-ink nook. If it has zooming on pdf docs I will be replacing my PRS-600
biblio_run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Quistopher
Enthusiast
Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Quistopher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NookColor CM7 7.0.3
Too bad the current Nook's price isn't slashed with Mother's day this weekend.
Quistopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quistopher View Post
Too bad the current Nook's price isn't slashed with Mother's day this weekend.
Well,they've been selling refurb wifi/3G Nooks for $99 through eBay (but still B&N) for over a week now.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #9
varelov
Enthusiast
varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.varelov once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by detayls View Post

Upgrades usually cost more than the current versions, so I don't think the price on the newest Nook would go that low.
A color eInk screen maybe? A bigger eInk screen? Better PDF support? Touch screen eInk?
19 long days to wait...
varelov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:37 PM   #10
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
I would completely write BN off if they added that fug keyboard to the eink Nook. I'm fine with them taking away the LCD panel, but a horrible Kindle knock-off would be a deal breaker for me.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCG1 View Post
I would completely write BN off if they added that fug keyboard to the eink Nook. I'm fine with them taking away the LCD panel, but a horrible Kindle knock-off would be a deal breaker for me.
+1

Just give us a good compact reader with good reading software. If a new Nook came out with hardware similar to the Sony 650, I would pick the new Nook over a Kindle or Sony.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:28 PM   #12
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by varelov View Post
Upgrades usually cost more than the current versions, so I don't think the price on the newest Nook would go that low.
A color eInk screen maybe? A bigger eInk screen? Better PDF support? Touch screen eInk?
19 long days to wait...
I agree. If they add Mirasol or color e-ink or even full e-ink touchscreen technology like Sony, I don't think the price is going down or not dramatically down.

Waiting is hard!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
+1

Just give us a good compact reader with good reading software. If a new Nook came out with hardware similar to the Sony 650, I would pick the new Nook over a Kindle or Sony.
Kinda with you there... I've been craving a Sony 950. Just waiting to see what BN does on May 24.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #14
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
e-ink touchscreen would be killer for me... I never use the dictionary on my Nook Classic because it's too hard to use the touchscreen cursor to get to the right place... Press and hold on any word to get a definition? Awesome.
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #15
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I agree. If they add Mirasol or color e-ink or even full e-ink touchscreen technology like Sony, I don't think the price is going down or not dramatically down.

Waiting is hard!
Mirasol can't make a panel as big as 6". I believe Qualcomm said they're focusing on the cell phone market and not in the eBook/Tablet market.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote