Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
BusinessMan951
BusinessMan951 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader 350
Nedd help for settings for PDF conversion to EPUB on Sony PRS 350

I see there is currently no selection for this version of the Sony ereader on calibre. So what do you guys choose?

I was using Sony 300 setting but it came out very messy.

Thanks
BusinessMan951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Welcome to MR

Someone that knows Sony will be along shortly

Please understand the PDF conversions can be messy. It has nothing to do with the Sony and everything to do with PDF being a poor format to convert FROM.
Please read the PDF section http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...-specific-tips and see if this helps get a better output.

Last edited by theducks; 01-28-2011 at 07:12 AM. Reason: typo
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessMan951 View Post
I was using Sony 300 setting but it came out very messy.
I don't believe things coming out "very messy" is due to selecting the Sony 300 setting, the correct setting for your device.

Why don't you explain to us what you mean by "very messy" and under what conditions you see this.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
BusinessMan951
BusinessMan951 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony e-reader 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I don't believe things coming out "very messy" is due to selecting the Sony 300 setting, the correct setting for your device.

Why don't you explain to us what you mean by "very messy" and under what conditions you see this.
Well sometimes the books look like this. This is just a random sentence.

This what I mean by messy. Hopefully this board will help me because it

seems people really know

a lot about ereaders here. I've looked at the forums here before and people

seem to know what

they are talking about. I really appreciate all the help I am getting. Thanks.

It usually looks like that sometimes worse depending on the book. With the ereader it is NOT double spaced but I had to do that since word wrap seemed to be in effect when I posted here.

The margins are all set at "5.0 pt."

I apologize for not being more specific in my first post.
BusinessMan951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
It usually looks like that sometimes worse depending on the book. With the ereader it is NOT double spaced but I had to do that since word wrap seemed to be in effect when I posted here.
Please read this sticky post for info on PDF conversions.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Well sometimes the books look like this. This is just a random sentence.

This what I mean by messy. Hopefully this board will help me because it

seems people really know

a lot about ereaders here. I've looked at the forums here before and people

seem to know what

they are talking about. I really appreciate all the help I am getting. Thanks.

The margins are all set at "5.0 pt."

I apologize for not being more specific in my first post.
What you are seeing is lines not un-wrapping (removing the newlines until the end of a paragraph) enough.
You can play with the "un-wrap factor"

Calibre tries to guess where. Changing the number (usually lower than default) a little affests the guess.
There is NO single, Magik setting. Try, look at the results, change and see which way it went ( or )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote