Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Windows 7 and 0.6.47 not reading all formats in dropdown

I recently got a windows 7 laptop and I installed 0.6.47 Calibre on it. Everything is working fine but in the drop down to pick which format to convert to instead of seeing epub or mobi I'm seeing four dots like ....
However, when I click on the dots it does show the text for epub and mobi, a few other formats are doing this as well.

I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this or if I should try and re-install Calibre? I did move my settings over from the XP machine to Windows 7, I'm not sure if that's what's causing this or if it's a bug?
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
TonyTerra
TonyTerra began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500,Sony PRS505 & Viewsonic VEB612,Apple 64GB ipad,Sony PRS950
I've had Windows7 for some time now and have updated Calibre to 6.47 have had no problems with the convertion drop down,possibly you may need to reinstall Calibre
TonyTerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #3
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTerra View Post
I've had Windows7 for some time now and have updated Calibre to 6.47 have had no problems with the convertion drop down,possibly you may need to reinstall Calibre

I'll try that tonight and see what happens...or I could just wait for the next update. those happen rather frequently.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
does expanding the dialog help?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote