Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
So do the ePUB reader have page numbers? And what about justification?
Justification works, but must have been added via CSS (not via hardware) My Epubs are all justified btw. Page numbers: I haven't seen any, but I have only seen pics so far.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #32
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Another one...

Is the firmware number really 1.4 build 885 (not 1.2)? Would be a big step from 1.2 to 1.4 and why start 1.4 wuth 885?!
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #33
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Another one...

Is the firmware number really 1.4 build 885 (not 1.2)? Would be a big step from 1.2 to 1.4 and why start 1.4 wuth 885?!
I'm sure 885 is their internal build number - the 1.4 makes sense too if 1.3 should have been foldersupport and a lot of bugfixes and 1.4 adds pdf&epub
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #34
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
yup, according to the topic in german 885 is the Epub version
think you should be able to install the old one from boobeen's website. Else, calibre will do prc -> epub conversion. And epub's are availlible a lot of places.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:48 AM   #35
ser1us
Enthusiast
ser1us doesn't litterser1us doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen3
Just to clarify: It's really 1.4 (build 885)

so, I received an answer from Bookeen.

1. In the first mail I asked about the most recent version 'cause I was a little bit confused as the webpage shows me 79x-whatever and I run the cybook with 1.4 885 I thinks it's ridiculous to deliver the devices with different versions and don't make them public to all.. but it's not my decision. But it still makes me thinking I'm a beta tester...

Anyway here's the reply:
Quote:
But we will do a futur release in a few weeks.
That's good news! I like the thought to have a new release soon and I guess you too.

2. I also received an answer about my problem, they asked for my serial # and now I hope they send me the kernel_update sooner or later

By the way, should the Cybook create the folders "Font, eBooks etc" by itself? I received the system folder from a buddy in the german forum and copied it to the device, now what? I resettet the device to factory default (Volume- and Power Off buttons) but that didn't create the folder structure. Any hints?
ser1us is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #36
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
Quote:
Is the manual updated for the new functionality like folders and ePub?
Yup, I would love to have a peek at this new user manual too.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:18 AM   #37
srml
Enthusiast
srml has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Cybook Gen3, iPhone
Quote:
Is the manual updated for the new functionality like folders and ePub?
The manual preloaded on the 885/Weltbild Cybook is in ePub format.

In section 4.2 The Library Contextual Menu it states the following:
Hide eBooks: hide all eBook files (ePub, PDF, PRC, PDB, HTM, TXT)
So there's hope that the final version of the 1.4 firmware will support both ePub AND Mobi (I don't care about DRM in either, as the first thing I do when I buy a DRMed eBook is to strip the DRM of it - that's legal in Switzerland).

Section 5.3 explains Adobe Digital Editions and how to acitvate the Cybook for use with it.

Section 5.4 explains the Mobipocket Desktop Reader. DRM is mentioned also.

Section 6.1 lists the supported file formats. ePub and Mobi are mentioned.

My Cybook with version 885 does not read Mobi, HTML and TXT.

Hope this sheds some light upon this topic.

Daniel
srml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #38
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
The thing that worries me the most is the matter of dictionaries. I'm not familiar with epub, therefore I'm curious if there is some possibility of epub dictionaries on cybook in the eventuality that the mobi support will be dropped completely. Still I can't see how I'm going to convert my mobi dictionaries to epub.
Hence my question is: what are bookeen's plans with regard to dictionary support? Is there going to be any?
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 AM   #39
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I've never heared of epub-dictionaries so far, so unless adobe comes up with a reader that supports dictionaries we'll have to stick to mobi
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 AM   #40
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by srml View Post
In section 4.2 The Library Contextual Menu it states the following:
Hide eBooks: hide all eBook files (ePub, PDF, PRC, PDB, HTM, TXT)
So there's hope that the final version of the 1.4 firmware will support both ePub AND Mobi (I don't care about DRM in either, as the first thing I do when I buy a DRMed eBook is to strip the DRM of it - that's legal in Switzerland).

Section 5.3 explains Adobe Digital Editions and how to acitvate the Cybook for use with it.

Section 5.4 explains the Mobipocket Desktop Reader. DRM is mentioned also.

Section 6.1 lists the supported file formats. ePub and Mobi are mentioned.
Now this looks promising!!!
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:36 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by ser1us View Post

By the way, should the Cybook create the folders "Font, eBooks etc" by itself? I received the system folder from a buddy in the german forum and copied it to the device, now what? I resettet the device to factory default (Volume- and Power Off buttons) but that didn't create the folder structure. Any hints?
In my version, the system files are supposed to 'create' the necessary folders on the SD card - but not sure about the internal memory. Probably nothing wrong with creating them manually - provided they are created with case-importance.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #42
pjeanetta
pjeanetta began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook
Sorry, I just want to add to the format-story: I have 1.2 build 820; was asked by Bookeen format my device and then turn it on by pressing Volume button (I can't remember + or -); this will re-create the folder structure by itself, with fonts, system kernel etc (of course without books).
I just wonder if the original post is the same situation. And as for "downgrade" - they told me that the process to install new version is different as described in manual..
Sorry if I misunderstand something.
pjeanetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:45 AM   #43
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjeanetta View Post
Sorry, I just want to add to the format-story: I have 1.2 build 820; was asked by Bookeen format my device and then turn it on by pressing Volume button (I can't remember + or -); this will re-create the folder structure by itself, with fonts, system kernel etc (of course without books).
I just wonder if the original post is the same situation. And as for "downgrade" - they told me that the process to install new version is different as described in manual..
Sorry if I misunderstand something.

does this process create font files in the font folder?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #44
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
The Internal Memory should never stay empty, the Cybook recreate all the needed folder by itself (Pictures, eBook, System, Fonts, Music)

If they were not automaticaly recreated, you may have formated the Internal memory in an incompatible filesystem format. Are you SURE that you format it in FAT32? (ie not FAT nor NTFS or any "exotic" filesystem like ext2/ext3 or even Apple's HFS(+)?)

It's look like you are a Mac user so be careful to not format it in HFS+
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #45
ser1us
Enthusiast
ser1us doesn't litterser1us doesn't litter

Device: Bookeen CyBook Gen3
@pjeanetta: do you mean I have to stop the device and then press a volume button and the power button at the same time?

@godzil: you were right! the disk was formatted fat and not fat32, but still no folders, but thank you for the hint!
ser1us is offline   Reply With Quote