Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well the code to detect removable drives lives in winutil.c and as you can see from this link: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...r79ps7p8emad-1

the last change to that code was in 2010
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #17
Gonzo1961
Gonzo1961 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I uninstalled Calibre and went back to a previous version 8.55. Still Calibre didn't recognize that my old Sony reader that it had before. I then went into preferences: Plugins: Device interface plugins, and found that my Sony drivers were installed, but they were disabled. Hmm, why would they be disabled? I enabled everything that said Sony and Voila, Calibre 8.55 recognized my reader. So then I tried plugging in my new PRS-900 and still Calibre didn't see it. So now I'm back to square one with the new one. But now I have a way of, albeit not simple, getting books on to my 900 by using the SD and MS cards in my old 600 and then putting those cards into my 900.

I'm happy again, but too tired from spending all night trying to get it to work. I'll re-install 8.58 to see if it'll see my reader.
Gonzo1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have a 650 and 0.8.61 recognizes the 60 just fine.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 AM   #19
styxywyx
styxywyx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
I am still having trouble as well.
If I shut down the computer and reboot Calibre recognises the reader instantly. If I then eject the reader (either within Calibre or via windows) and reconnect Calibre wont recognise the reader again until a reboot is done.
Its got me beat - cant figure where the problem is.
Windows is seeing them as drives( book and sd) but calibre isnt
styxywyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DOes restarting only calibre (not the whole computer) cause the device to be detected again?
Advert
Old 07-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #21
styxywyx

No Kovid
It has to be a computer reboot - closing and opening calibre have no effect.
I am also having problems with crashing now.
Calibre just stops working , the screen goes white windows pops up an error message and calibre closes - usually it is during a conversion but it can be at any time.
I tried to run calibre in debug mode but I cant find the result anywhere.
Have done a full virus scan with two engines - computer clean.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:58 AM   #22
styxywyx

found it.....
calibre Debug log
calibre 0.8.62
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #23
styxywyx

One error message I get is

Runtime error
Programme C prog files(x86)\Calibre2\calibre.exe
R6025
Pure Virtual function Call
Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That error message is pretty useless. If you want to debug it further you will need to install windows developer tools and run calibre under windebug to get a proper stacktrace.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #25
styxywyx

Whooaa - way beyond this little black ducks capabilities....... ;-)
Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
One thing to do is to stop every external program that is running on your computer when you start the computer. It's been known that some programs can interfere and cause an issue with Calibre when it's nothing to do with Calibre.

Go into msconfig and turn everything off (startup tab) that you don't need to use when Calibre is running (then reboot) and see what happens when you run Calibre.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #27
styxywyx

Thanks Mr Wolf
I will give that a try
Old 07-30-2012, 10:10 PM   #28
styxywyx

Nope - Still crashing and still not recognising reader without reboot
Disabled everything I could
Thanks for the suggestion though
Old 07-30-2012, 10:13 PM   #29
styxywyx

By The way - not assuming the crashing is calibres fault - thats probably computer glitch as it is a new thing and now is also affecting windows explorer as of yesterday
Not so sure about the device recognition as it seems to affect others besides me ;-)

Dont ya just love computers.......
Old 07-31-2012, 01:27 AM   #30
styxywyx

Okay - Got a crash in calibre debug mode - log shows calibre working perfectly right up to crash
\Forstchen, William\Forstchen, William & Andrew Keith - Wing Commander 04 - Heart of the Tiger.html
Language not specified
Building file list...
Found files...
HTMLFile:0:a:G:\Forstchen, William\Forstchen, William & Andrew Keith - Wing Commander 04 - Heart of the Tiger.html
Normalizing filename cases
Rewriting HTML links
Parsing Forstchen, William & Andrew Keith - Wing Commander 04 - Heart of the Tiger.html ...
Initial parse failed, using more forgiving parsers
Parsing Forstchen, William & Andrew Keith - Wing Commander 04 - Heart of the Tiger.html as HTML
Input debug saved to: C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_0.8.62_t mp_h1zyp2\elhhwy_plugin_html2zip\input

Added Wing Commander 04 - Heart of the Tiger by William R Forstchen and Andrew Keith (v1.0) (html).html to db in: 0.156000137329 seconds

and it just stops there

Didnt include the whole debug - just the last process.

I am stumped
Is any one out there kind enough to walk me through a windows dbg
I have been trying with the aid of online tutorials to do it but the jargon beats me
have been at it for about 2 hrs now ..... :-(