Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
dougw
dougw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch
Need help adding news to Nook Simple Touch

Hi - I am using Calibre 0.85 portable on Windows xp with a Nook Simple Touch. I have a list of 24 news sources that I would like to add to the Nook each morning. My question is whether I can configure Calibre (or the Nook) to automatically remove the previous days news before loading the current days news and whether I can get Calibre to put magazines in the magazine folder and news in the news folder instead of dumping everything in the news folder. Thanks!
dougw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw View Post
I can get Calibre to put magazines in the magazine folder and news in the news folder instead of dumping everything in the news folder.
No. Calibre makes no distinction between magazines and news in it's news sources. So everything goes in one place. Do realize that it's still works correctly like this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #3
dougw
dougw began at the beginning.

Device: Nook touch
Do you know how to get Calibre to remove yesterdays news before transferring today's news?
dougw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #4
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw View Post
Do you know how to get Calibre to remove yesterdays news before transferring today's news?
Automated deletion of files from a device is not supported.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote