Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
jhkaplan
jhkaplan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Missing text while converting PDF to mobi

Hi everyone; sorry if this has been posted & answered before. I wasn't able to find it.

I just got my Kindle 3 and I'm trying to convert a few PDFs to read on my Kindle. I tried the Amazon email conversion thing, but it seems to duplicate the pages every 2-3 pages, which is annoying.

Sending the PDF to the Kindle directly through Calibre leaves huge margins and makes the book almost unreadable on the Kindle.

I tried to convert it to .mobi format and send to the kindle, but for some reason that only converted a couple of images and left out all the text.

Does anyone know what my best method of converting the PDf to be useable on the Kindle is? I'd like it so I can resize the text like a native Kindle book, and not have to rely on the bad zoom feature, which always cuts off some of the text.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help and time!

Josh
jhkaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
A lot of pdfs don't convert well, particularly ones which primarily consist of images with hidden OCR text. This sounds like it might be one of those.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert