Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #1
granturissimus
Enthusiast
granturissimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Kindle Keyboard problem with text

I notice that all my books that have like this indentation or whatever its called, are only indented on one side and not the other. Here is example:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7417/samplefd.jpg

Why does this happen and is there anything I can do to fix this?
granturissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Isn't that what you are supposed to do when quoting a long passage?
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #3
granturissimus
Enthusiast
granturissimus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
i dont think i ever seen it done like that in paper books... there are always indents on both sides.
granturissimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's called a "blockquote". The Kindle only does a left indent of a blockquote because of the narrow width of the screen. It's just a feature of the Mobipocket file format.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote