Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
crash-7
crash-7 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Issues transferring books to kobo with ADE

Hi all,

Just got a Kobo the other day, so far, I'm not sure how I feel about it... Getting books on it has been frustrating.

I borrowed and succesffully downloaded three e-books from my local library. I've downloaded ADE and I added all three ebooks to the library section of ADE. My computer is authorized.

But when I plug in my kobo, it pops up in ADE as recognizig the kobo. When I drag the books over to the kobo, it says "copying". When I unplug the kobo the kobo says "processing..." and the status bar goes to full after a few moments, but the new books aren't on there???

I read the tutuorial about getting the Kobo to authorize, but when I plug in my kobo and start ADE, it never asks or initializes anything about authorizing the Kobo....

what now? What am I doing wrong? I got this for my wife, but it's dealing me fits, and she's far less patient and inclined with electronics than I.

Thanks for your help.
crash-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Are the ebooks in PDF format? In that case, they will show up in the "Documents" rather than "Books" section on your Kobo.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
crash-7
crash-7 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Are the ebooks in PDF format? In that case, they will show up in the "Documents" rather than "Books" section on your Kobo.

Yep that was it! Thank you.

It's a little bit more difficult to read because you have to "scroll" to read entire pages before turning the page; but that's a minor annoyance - I suppose.

Are there any public libraries that have .ePub books to borrow, and can apply online to recieve a library card?

Thanks again all.
crash-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:21 AM   #4
SageTracey
Enthusiast
SageTracey began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hey Crash, you could try saving the PDFs as epub in Calibre. I have done that with my uni unit guides and it is much easier to read. Although I am not sure how that will work with library books.
SageTracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
dixieknits
Addict
dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dixieknits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Calibre cannot convert pdfs that are DRM'd. However, I read somewhere on this forum of a program that allows you to format the page size to 4" of a pdf, thus allowing it to read corectly in an ereader. If anyone knows which program did that, please post Thanks.
dixieknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert