Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 08:47 PM   #31
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
I have a 300 and my husband has a 505, so I have lots of chances to compare.

I have to say, I *love* my 300. I think it's the perfect size. And I actually find it more readable in the smallest font size than the 505 (on the 505 screen, it's so much text at once, it's almost overwhelming). It's so easy to flip pages, I don't find the small screen to be an issue at all.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:18 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirael View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love the 505, but lately I've found myself wishing for something that I could just stick in my pocket and carry around (I generally wear clothing with fairly sizable pockets, but not quite sizable enough for the 505.)

I'm considering selling it, and going with the 300 instead - I had the chance to play with one the other day at Best Buy, and I like the size, and the way it feels in my hands. It doesn't have the expandable memory of the 505, but I've found myself not really using that as much as I'd anticipated. Only, I'm rather worried that I'll regret it, and be stuck, so I was wondering - anyone else made this switch? What did you think about it?
So have you seen the light and decided to keep the 505?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #33
sandeepp
sandeepp began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Ezreader
For me portability means a lot. I want to be able to read on the go when I find free time, when I am waiting in an office, commuting, etc. If you just read (and find time to) at home, then stick with the 505.

If you want a good portable e-reader, you really can't go wrong with the PRS-300. I like Astak pocket pro too but Sony has one of the best displays in the pocket e-reader terrritory.
sandeepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:38 AM   #34
Gravitas
Muppet
Gravitas doesn't litterGravitas doesn't litter

Device: Zen Vision :M / Nokia 5800 musicXpress / Sony PRS500
I still use my original PRS 500, with original firmware. I love it...bought a 505 for my wife last summer when they were £149, wish I'd bought 2 now as my 500 doesn't have epub support (in the UK so didn't send it to the states for the upgrade).

If I get a 300 will it play nice with my existing lrf books?

I've just seen a new 300 for £129, I'm sorely tempted but don't want to abandon all my existing books from my 500.
Gravitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas View Post
I still use my original PRS 500, with original firmware. I love it...bought a 505 for my wife last summer when they were £149, wish I'd bought 2 now as my 500 doesn't have epub support (in the UK so didn't send it to the states for the upgrade).

If I get a 300 will it play nice with my existing lrf books?

I've just seen a new 300 for £129, I'm sorely tempted but don't want to abandon all my existing books from my 500.
LRF yes, LRX, no.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert