Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 06:00 AM   #1
kren
Connoisseur
kren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enough

Device: iPod Touch ipad
Cybook Gen3 a Huge Disappointment

Hi I purchased the above device from Bookeen 23 Jan 09 returned some 6 weeks later with a screen black out, I have to say the cause could be subject to dispute. The point I wish to address here refers to to the support or should I say the lack of it, to cut a long story short and after several emails (most of which were never answered) 3 phone calls and a letter by post to their head office I have just had to pay a further €100 for a repair I assumed the warranty would at least cover parts if not labour They did concede take care of the return shipping costs for not acknowledging my emails.I only discovered from my bank's web site that they must have received the payment no word as to when it will be shipped.
A company in my view not worthy of trading in this relatively new and exciting field of E-books.
In the interim I bought a 2nd hand Dell Axim X30 PDA and am delighted with it in-fact I prefer reading on it. For this at least I have Bookeen to thank.
Take Care
Keith
kren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Unfortunately, if you break the screen substrate, that's not covered by warranty. That's true of all the eInk device manufacturers, not just Bookeen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Unfortunately, if you break the screen substrate, that's not covered by warranty. That's true of all the eInk device manufacturers, not just Bookeen.
My screen broke, and no i didn't recived a payment confimation.
But the "reader is fixed and on it's way back" email came the next day, so, i didn't had time to worry.

I sent E-mail on saturday, got answer on Tuesday. And that's the longest bookeen ever took to answer.

No, breakage caused by yourself is not covered by warrenty.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:21 AM   #4
kren
Connoisseur
kren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enoughkren will become famous soon enough

Device: iPod Touch ipad
I was not complaining about the warranty only the service associated with the repair
kren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Why, shouldn't you have called the thread then "Support of Bookeen a big disappointment"? You didn't tell us anything about your reading experience with the Cybook or why you're disappointed by the hardware.

Since I also possess both a PDA (Acer n311) and a Cybook, I've got to say that, no, I don't really enjoy reading on my PDA anymore. It's much more a strain for the eyes.
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
You're not the only one one complaing about bookeen support. That surprise me, as they where quitte effective in my case.
Well, mabe some periods are busier that other.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
romi
CyBook Gen3 fan
romi began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Still, the title of the post is misleading as it is not exactly the CyBook - product, but Bookeen - the company you were disappointed in. I got mine last week and love it. When I switch to my iPhone to catch up on emails and news it's becomes much more strain for the eyes.
romi is offline   Reply With Quote