Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
hmshoberg
hmshoberg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Can't seem to transfer Mobi files to Kindle Fire

Okay, I know I must be missing something, but I'm not sure what. I can't seem to transfer my Mobi files to Kindle, though. I've tried to put them in the Books folder and nothing. I tried putting them in the documents folder... nothing. Can someone please tell me what else I can try?? With my old Kindle I could easily drag and drop these books with no trouble, so I'm not sure why they aren't showing up at all in my Kindle Fire.
hmshoberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
You might install a (free) File Manager app such as
http://www.amazon.com/ES-Mobile-File...dp/B008K6HN8I/

That will show you what the Fire thinks is in the documents folder.

What computer and Operating system ?

Does the mobi file show in the Windows File Explorer or whatever view ?
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 02:07 AM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I put them in /kindle and that seems to work (same as with the Android Kindle app). They show up in the Docs list along with your personal documents.

/Documents seems to be for 'personal docs' downloaded from your Kindle account.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
I've never had trouble having my docs show up when I side-load. Stick them in the docs folder, and depending on whether they have a PDOC tag or not, they'll either be in the docs or books section. [Learned that when my first attempt to put side-loaded books in the books folder didn't work out.]
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I always put the .mobi formatted books in the Books directory on my Kindle Fire HDX. They will show up in your Docs or Documents section in your little control strip, not the Books section.

They also usually show up in your Carousel on the home screen.

Last edited by Anthem; 08-27-2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: More information
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert