Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #841
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fede9390 View Post
unfortunately I have no idea how to do that i hav no programming knowedlge whatsoever.. but if a project ever starts i'd like to help with bug identification

by the way, any idea about epub3 compatibility?
The only way we can know is to ask, no insult intended.
Hey, sometimes the poster has advanced degrees in C.S.
Don't worry, we will not ban you because you don't.

No idea about epub3 - why don't you just try one?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:24 PM   #842
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The lack of an available & usable open-source ePub3 rendering engine (AFAIK) is kind of a showstopper. Readium SDK looks promising, but despite supporting all kinds of crap (Win RT? seriously? -_-"), there's no Linux support (... while it does support Android. Again, -_-").
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2015, 03:03 AM   #843
Fede9390
Fede9390 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The only way we can know is to ask, no insult intended.
Hey, sometimes the poster has advanced degrees in C.S.
Don't worry, we will not ban you because you don't.

No idea about epub3 - why don't you just try one?
ahah for sure!
out of curiosity, what programming language would be necessary to write the binding wrapper?
Fede9390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:44 AM   #844
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
ahah for sure!
out of curiosity, what programming language would be necessary to write the binding wrapper?
It is mostly programed in LuaJit - which executes Lua-5.1
The Lua-5.1 reference materials are on-line: http://lua.org
and also
http://luajit.org
The documentation for luajit is in the download tarball/doc in html format.

Last edited by knc1; 09-09-2015 at 05:58 AM.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #845
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
by the way, any idea about epub3 compatibility?
BTW, the native KF8/AZW3 reading app supports many HTML5/CSS3 features implemented in ePub3. Pretty much the only thing that's missing is support for interactive features.

When converting ePub3 books with Calibre make sure to select AZW3 as the output format.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #846
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Koreader Highlights utility

KoHighlights is a simple utility I made to convert the Koreader's history files to simple text.
It can also batch convert many files.

Its a desktop application for Windows, with a simple drag'n'drop GUI.

You can check its main thread here.
You can download the latest version here.

I don't know if koreader for Kindle saves the highlights of the books you read the same way as koreader for Kobo (since I'm not really a Kindle user myself), but if it saves them in an accessible folder, you can use this utility to:
  • Open a file to see the Highlights
  • Drag and drop a file to see the Highlights
  • Right-click to copy Highlights
  • Save all the displayed Highlights as plain text
  • Batch convert many files at once
There are two ways for the batch conversion.
  • One, is to select a directory with many history files, and a directory for the output text files.
  • The other, is to just drag and drop many files on the program and it will convert the ones that end to ".lua" AND have highlights in them, to text files in the same directory as the dropped files.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #847
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
- - - -
Its a desktop application for Windows, with a simple drag'n'drop GUI.
- - - -
Since the GUI is written for wxWidgets - it **should** support all of the popular computer systems other than just Windows.

Do you have any plans in that direction (multiple OS support)?
Old 09-24-2015, 10:12 PM   #848
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Do you have any plans in that direction (multiple OS support)?
I don't think so. Sorry.
I only use linux in VMWare to compile android apps with kivy.
Maybe I could install the necessary libraries to run the code, but I don't know a thing about compiling executables there.
As for the Mac, I made a Hacintosh system a couple of years ago, but I don't really use it ...
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:17 PM   #849
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Does koreader use typographical features as ligatures and kerning?
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:14 PM   #850
zmv
zmv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2/Android 5.1
Is anybody else having an issue with the default Kindle status bar showing up everytime the clock changes?

It started after I updated to 5.6.5.
zmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:53 PM   #851
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@zmv: Should already be fixed in current snapshots/OTA nightlies.

(It only affected people launching KOReader via KUAL).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:04 PM   #852
GeneralFailer
GeneralFailer began at the beginning.

Is there any way to set the default hyphenation setting via the interface? Most other defaults here are settable with long tap but I'm only able to change this with the setting in the cr3.ini file.

Even not being an English native speaker I find it a bit strange that KOReader defaults to hyphenating in English considering that it has originally been developed to work on a 6″ screen.
EDIT: I'm using a recent nightly release if that matters.

Last edited by GeneralFailer; 10-26-2015 at 12:13 PM.
GeneralFailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #853
mixa
mixa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 US
I have a problem building KOReader for Kindle: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/1699

NiLuJe, could you please have a look at it?
mixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #854
GeneralFailer
GeneralFailer began at the beginning.

Do ePub files there crash the program for anyone else? SumatraPDF opens them just fine on my desktop.
GeneralFailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:20 AM   #855
font33
font33 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite2
Font or height in file manager

Hello.
Is it possible to change fontsize in file manager, or enable some option with will be making another line for rest of file name if name is very long, or maybe text will be change after 3 second or something?
Sorry for my english.
Thank You.
font33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch