Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Is there a "june reader" version for it, or something that enables a clock ?

Hi there.
I have seen some threads about completely rebuild or re-design the homepage of the T2.
I am just looking for a mod on the T2 that enables the little clock just like the june reader does on the T1.
.css changes would be great, but I don't have the urge to root the T2 or completely rebuild the homepage.
A junereader version for the T2 would be great, or does the june reader for the T1 works on the T2 ?
(don't want to brick it)
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #2
log
log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.log ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
No to both.
log is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #3
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by log View Post
No to both.

Well, I hope thats someone takes the time to do it, thank you.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
pe1dnn
Enthusiast
pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pe1dnn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
Hi there.
...just like the june reader does on the T1.
I have not seen a version for the T1 either when the T1 has the latest firmware. Only for the previous version and it seems the developer has abandoned the project. Bad news for the latest T1 and the new T2.
pe1dnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Thats why I skipped the upgrade for the T1, there was nothing in it for me, the T2 has been updated today..try to find something.
Advert
Old 12-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
you have to root and install amr. but you get both a clock and battery % in the reader then.
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac View Post
you have to root and install amr. but you get both a clock and battery % in the reader then.
I will look in this "amr" say's not much to me
Old 12-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Zorac
Zorac began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
I will look in this "amr" say's not much to me
try this. wont work on the new firmware from sony though (1.0.05)

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...gir61_A3_68h5A

there are a couple threads on installing it in this forum as well.
Zorac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Nick_1964
Bookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorac View Post
try this. wont work on the new firmware from sony though (1.0.05)

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...gir61_A3_68h5A

there are a couple threads on installing it in this forum as well.
Thanks, I helped develope the latest firmware by pointing to the <font>a</font> and <apple> </apple> mistake that causes the reader to shift the txt out of the screen and that .png pictures will not be resized ( latest isn't fixed okay) so I got the latest firmware because I had to test it a couple of days before it was released ( sony donated the T2 to me for that ) so I have to wait.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #10
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Quote:
I helped develope the latest firmware by pointing to the <font>a</font> and <apple> </apple> mistake that causes the reader to shift the txt out of the screen
Has anyone ever experienced a bug like this and/or can provide a sample?
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
If you root it with Rupor's AMR package, it modifies the stock reading software to show the time. Personally, I'm not sure I'd bother. I've done it on a T1, and it will work (apparently) on a T2 if it's not the latest firmware (don't update firmware!). I got a T1 cheap and I don't care massively if it breaks. I also got a cheap T2. It's too nice too break
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:43 AM   #12
krapo
Enthusiast
krapo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 Black, Sony PRS-T1 White, CyBook Gen3
Hi,

I wanted really hard the clock on my PRS-T2 (EU), but didn't dare to do it because I was confused by what I was reading on various threads so didn't know in the end what was or wasn't supported on my reader.

Anyway I finally took the plunge and was rewarded by not brikcking my device and getting the clock

In case anyone is interested, here's what I did, guided by this procedure and this one:
  1. Connect PRS-T2 to PC and Upgrade from 1.0.02.08090 to 1.0.04.11081 with PRS-T2_UPDATER_100411081_EU.EXE
  2. Insert SD card in PRS-T2 and leave it connected to PC
  3. Extract Boroda Jailbreak on computer and execute flash-reader.bat (as administrator, not sure it was required). The script automatically selects the SD card as target.
  4. Reset reader with needle when told to do so
  5. Keep SD card in PRS-T2 and leave it connected to PC
  6. Extract Rupor AMR version 20130107 on computer and execute flash-reader.bat (as administrator, not sure it was required). The script automatically selects the reader's internal flash as target.

And voilà ! Many thanks for rupor, boroda and friends for their efforts to make this possible !

NB: There is no need for Junereader here since the clock (as well as the battery indicator) is enabled by Rupor AMR package. I'm not sure whether this feature can be disabled or not, I didn't try.

Cheers,
Vincent.
krapo is offline   Reply With Quote