Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-11-2015, 07:49 PM   #1
targa72
targa72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Need help with Kindle collections

I’ve used Calibre for a few years on my tablet to read books. Last month I got a Kindle and I’m trying to send my books to the Kindle from Calibre.
I added/created an authors collection in the Kindle collections plugin then added a plugboard to add the series and number to all books.
Now I have a twofold problem.
1. All books are showing up twice on the Kindle, in the authors folder and also outside of the folder. This double entry problem started after I did a factory reset on the Kindle.
2. The books are not sorted like I thought they would (by author then series). In the authors folder the books appear in reverse order by series. For instance author D. Baldacci show up series Will Robie #3 first followed by #2, #1 then Shaw #2, #1 and so on.
Sending books to devices is set at the default {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}.
The plugboard is set for mobi, kindle2, {series}{series_index:0>2s| #| – }, and authors.
Any help at correcting this problem would by appreciated.
targa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Check the Kindle's sorting order.

In the main library list, make sure you are sorting by collections. That will pin collections to the front, and also make the books in collections not show up outside collections... because if you sort by Author/Title/Recent, then collections appear alongside all books.
Inside collections, make sure you are sorting by author. It should fallback to title (with inserted plugboard-based series) when multiple books have the same author.

(Really, this is a Kindle issue, not a calibre one. See our Kindle forums.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
targa72
targa72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Thank you esxhwartz

That was the problem. I forgot about the Kindle collection sort and did not know about the sorting within the collections.
targa72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You're welcome.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote