Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #1
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
PRS+: 2 Questions on "Browse Folders" and Dictionary Format

Yesterday I installed PRS+ 1.1.3 on my two PRS-505 readers, and I'm pretty happy overall. Quite a few nice additions to the core functionality, and being able to toggle various settings and key bindings is nice.

But I have two questions:

1. What is the use of the "Browse Folders" option?

I can navigate through the folders, but the only option when I bring up a file is "Rescan Internal Memory". This seems pointless, since there's already an option to rescan memory in the advanced settings.

2. What format is used for the dictionary, and where can I find a dictionary file to use?
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Actually, on one of my two readers, the "Browse Folders" brings up the standard menu of choices to read a book after selecting. On the other, it does not. Both were upgraded from the standard Sony firmware. Quite odd...
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Hi,

the problem you've described is normally result of having wrong case letters in path. If you have "Books" instead of " books" it won't work.

PS
The fastest way to get support is to post in either google groups or corresponding PRS+ support thread.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote