Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 01-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Odd behaviour

Just got my Vox 2 days ago, but have been following this forum for about a month now in anticipation I have gotten the Google Market up and running without any problems, and have had no indication that my unit suffers from the SOD issues plaguing so many (knock on wood). One thing I do find odd about my unit, and was wondering if anyone else has seen similar behaviour, is that no matter what the setup (be it airplane mode, wi-fi or auto sync on/off or any combination of the 3) the unit while sleeping, turns itself on and displays the lock screen for a few seconds every two minutes like clockwork. This behaviour was present right out of the box, prior to any side-loading or Market setup tweaks. Not the end of the world as I tend to turn it off fully anyway when not in use, but odd none the less. Anyway just wondering if anyone else had seen the same.

Cheers
Kboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #2
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
That is the wake from sleep (WFS) issue, noticed since day one, still not fixed with the latest update. As you have discovered, turning it completely off is the workaround. Mine doesn't wake that often, just occassionally but it is the same issue.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Kboland
Zealot
Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kboland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
That is the wake from sleep (WFS) issue, noticed since day one, still not fixed with the latest update. As you have discovered, turning it completely off is the workaround. Mine doesn't wake that often, just occassionally but it is the same issue.
Ah. Right thanks for the info hpulley. Although I am loving my new unit, and well aware of its hardware limitations, i can't help but think the Vox was rushed out Kobo's front door for the holidays. Ah well, just have to wait paitently until the bugs are fumigated out

Cheers

Last edited by Kboland; 01-01-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
jb100
jb100 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 505, Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kboland View Post
Just got my Vox 2 days ago, but have been following this forum for about a month now in anticipation I have gotten the Google Market up and running without any problems, and have had no indication that my unit suffers from the SOD issues plaguing so many (knock on wood). One thing I do find odd about my unit, and was wondering if anyone else has seen similar behaviour, is that no matter what the setup (be it airplane mode, wi-fi or auto sync on/off or any combination of the 3) the unit while sleeping, turns itself on and displays the lock screen for a few seconds every two minutes like clockwork. This behaviour was present right out of the box, prior to any side-loading or Market setup tweaks. Not the end of the world as I tend to turn it off fully anyway when not in use, but odd none the less. Anyway just wondering if anyone else had seen the same.

Cheers
Please tell me how you installed the Google market. I have rooted mine with Gingeroot, but still unable to install market. Thx.
jb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #5
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Did you follow the steps here?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=160948
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Kboland
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb100 View Post
Please tell me how you installed the Google market. I have rooted mine with Gingeroot, but still unable to install market. Thx.
I followed the instructions found here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=33]

I used Dropbox and usb transfering to get all the .apk files onto the unit.

Cheers