Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
martin.hickling
martin.hickling began at the beginning.

Device: aPad
Multiple Sort

I would like to see the option to sort on more than one column at a time.
This could be done by allowing either SHIFT or CONTROL on a second column to do a secondary sort.
IE: Sort by AUTHOR AND THEN SERIES
Moderator Notice
this is for developers, please read the sticky at the top

Last edited by theducks; 03-12-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: wrong forum, moved to Calibre
martin.hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin.hickling View Post
This could be done by allowing either SHIFT or CONTROL on a second column to do a secondary sort.
Just do them one after another: The sort is biased by the previous sort.
Series first, then Author

BTW there is a tweak setting in preferences that will set the fields to sort (on) at start-up.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:

As theducks states this is already a feature. I sort Title - Series - Author (click each column in succession) that way all the titles not in a series for a author are in alphabetical order and all books in a series by an author are group by series and they are all grouped together by the author.

I set the tweak "Specify columns to sort the booklist by on startup" to

sort_columns_at_startup = (('authors', 0), ('series', 0), ('title', 0))

And my columns are sorted the way I like on startup.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #4
martin.hickling

Thank you everybody for your help.
I don't suppose I have missed a way of seeing how may ites you have highlighted.
I select serveral books and would like to count how may I have selected but cannot see a number appearing anywhere on the screen
Old 03-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Thank you everybody for your help.
I don't suppose I have missed a way of seeing how may ites you have highlighted.
I select serveral books and would like to count how may I have selected but cannot see a number appearing anywhere on the screen
The way I found to tell how many books I have highlighted is to click on the edit metadata icon. At the top of the edit metadata window it tells you how many you have selected. Clicking cancel exits the window but leaves all books highlighted.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:57 AM   #6
martin.hickling

Thanks