Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Just made a huge mistake with my iPad

I loaded the entire Percy Jackson and the Olympians series on it.

Now my son has absconded with the iPad, reminding me that I always tell him he should read more.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #2
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post

Now my son has absconded with the iPad, reminding me that I always tell him he should read more.
Lol. I wanna high-five your kid.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #3
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
Lol. I wanna high-five your kid.
The thing is, he also knows that Netflix on Demand is on it.
I'm never seeing it again
Old 07-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
VictoriaP
Addict
VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VictoriaP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2; Kindle Touch; Kindle 2; iPad Mini; iPad1
Looks to me like you're about to be a two iPad family! Congratulations!
VictoriaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Quote:
The thing is, he also knows that Netflix on Demand is on it.
I'm never seeing it again
Heck, your kid's probably clicking one-click on Amazon and buying himself an iPad right now.
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 11:33 PM   #6
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaP View Post
Looks to me like you're about to be a two iPad family! Congratulations!
noooo...not until iPad 2.0 comes out
Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
kjk

Quote:
Heck, your kid's probably clicking one-click on Amazon and buying himself an iPad right now.
He's been pretty good about asking before buying iPhone apps for his 3GS...pretty good.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 PM   #8
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:

As one parent to another, let me say “You think we’d have learned by now, wouldn’t you?”
Eventually, he'll have to eat. Knowing this, you can either hide all the most easily prepared snacks (the ones that are ready to eat from the package), remembering the sweet cereal, or you can set up a stakeout. When He comes up for air (rather, carbs) retrieve your iPad.

Last edited by Poppa1956; 07-14-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Another problem solved for SUPERDAD!
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #9
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa1956 View Post
As one parent to another, let me say “You think we’d have learned by now, wouldn’t you?”
Eventually, he'll have to eat. Knowing this, you can either hide all the most easily prepared snacks (the ones that are ready to eat from the package), remembering the sweet cereal, or you can set up a stakeout. When He comes up for air (rather, carbs) retrieve your iPad.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #10
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
If he's read "Microserfs," he'd lock his door and demand that flat food be slipped under it.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #11
Poppa1956
Evangelist
Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppa1956 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Verizon Ellipsis Tablit w/Kindle and Nook apps.
Quote:
If he's read "Microserfs," he'd lock his door and demand that flat food be slipped under it.
Good point, and I my son knows I have ordered pizza delivery on-line, so kjk’s son may know of the availability of nature's most perfect & yummy food via the web.
-=>kjk<=- If he knows how to git fud frm teh internets, you'll have to draw him out of the room some other way. Use your phone to Order Pizza delivery, especially if you have a land-line. It's so arcane, he'll never suspect it's a powerplay.
Poppa1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 AM   #12
Maggie Leung
Wizard

Quote:
Good point, and I my son knows I have ordered pizza delivery on-line, so kjk’s son may know of the availability of nature's most perfect & yummy food via the web.
-=>kjk<=- If he knows how to git fud frm teh internets, you'll have to draw him out of the room some other way. Use your phone to Order Pizza delivery, especially if you have a land-line. It's so arcane, he'll never suspect it's a powerplay.
Rofl.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:02 AM   #13
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
lol. glad mine are grown and gone. they can get their own. or argue over mine when I'm dead, if isn't buried with me!
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #14
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
"Flatlanders"
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #15
steph_g
Book Lover
steph_g doesn't littersteph_g doesn't litter

Device: iPad, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk;

As a teacher, I love it! I read the first one aloud to my class last year and started a Percy Jackson and Greek mythology frenzy in my classroom. I love to see kids get excited about reading.

As someone who loves my iPad, you have my sympathy...:-)
steph_g is offline   Reply With Quote