Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-10-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Liverpool overdrive libary

I joined the Liverpool overdrive libary to day and have downloaded the first book, why I ask did I get clever and buy a 64bit computer? it has caused more problems not being compatible with printers and scanners and ebook readers. However I have a 32bit laptop which does the things the other computer doesn't.
You have to be able to go to a Liverpool libary, any one of the Liverpool libaries to join as a non resident, and I got the feeling that if you lived what they considered to far you may not get to join. But I live over the other side of the Mersey river which is good. They have one copy of each book which seems strange, but seem to have a fairly good selection, the loan time is varied depending on the book book if it is a EPUB that uses Digital Editions you can send it back early, even the same day.
Only Sony ereaders are supported but the Cybook works, Kindles and apple Ipad or Iphones do not.
Now I can read books that I might not want to buy and save money on buying books, I hope the local libary started there own download libary the more the better.
Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Becky - do you want a URL for the library? It's pretty local to me, too, and I'd be very interested in joining!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
HarryT, I don't have the specific link for Liverpool, but you can go to the Overdrive site and search for libraries by location.
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:34 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Got it, thanks. For those interested, it's:

http://liverpool.lib.overdrive.com
Advert
Old 05-10-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
becket
Enthusiast
becket began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Got it, thanks. For those interested, it's:

http://liverpool.lib.overdrive.com
Just about to post it, but you have it already. They said they had people from all over the world, it will be good for going away I can all ways download more books if I need to.
Becky
becket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:55 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've filled in my application! How long did it take for them to get back to you, or were you a member of the library anyway?
Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by becket View Post
I joined the Liverpool overdrive libary to day and have downloaded the first book, why I ask did I get clever and buy a 64bit computer? it has caused more problems not being compatible with printers and scanners and ebook readers.
I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit on a quad core CPU (yes, eight simultaneous independent process 24/7) on a computer built last October, a few days before the official release of Windows 7. I love this thing. I haven't had and significant troubles with compatibility. Overdrive with the local library (Toronto) seems to work fine as well. Sorry you are having so many glitches. From my read, this is the most stable first release Microsoft has had in a long time, possibly ever.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #9
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
Thanks to you I found my local council had an ebook section.Which Sony do not mention . Im very happy with finding it.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote