Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-07-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
two wheels
two wheels doesn't littertwo wheels doesn't litter

Device: Sony prs505
PRS 505 Battery Change

Hi all, before finding this site I took my 505 apart as t was frozen. I figured if I removed the battery for a few minutes it would reset itself - WRONG. It sat for two days with the battery disconnected and displaying the last page the for the whole duration.

Eventually I came across this site and the info here helped me get it going again, I'm very grateful!

While looking through the site I found a link to the Sony manual and though it is very useful, it's not very user friendly, so I wrote a supplement to it which I hope will help anyone thinking of replacing the battery themselves.

It's not a difficult job but It does require some dexterity and patience, so read the WHOLE document before deciding whether to tackle it yourself!

The attached document is in Microsoft Word format.

Bernie
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sony PRS505 battery change.doc (40.0 KB, 1480 views)
two wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Nice guide, should be stickied along with the photos someone else posted. The double-sticky tape construction was very odd and kludgy to me.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #3
geosar
geosar began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Thank you for the effort.

George
geosar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
two wheels
two wheels doesn't littertwo wheels doesn't litter

Device: Sony prs505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Nice guide, should be stickied along with the photos someone else posted. The double-sticky tape construction was very odd and kludgy to me.
Yes I thought that too, can't help thinking Sony made it difficult for themselves the way they put it together. The end result is fantastic though it's such a nice machine.

Bernie.
two wheels is offline   Reply With Quote