Notices

Old 01-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #1
daveh2k5
daveh2k5 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Angry Sony prs 505 Total Nightmare Battery ,Frozen screen :angry:

Need help With E reader please
So heres the situation ................

The e-reader charges up (ie red light on and screen says it is connected) but when I turn on it says 'no battery' then freezes and turns itself off. Sounds like it could be a battery/connection issue - though I have hardly used the ereader and it is only 7 months old. In comparison, my Freind has had one for a year and uses his on a daily basis and the battery life has not reduced at all

Any help Would Be very very much appreciated thanks.
daveh2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, DaveH.......hopefully someone from the Sony Forum will log on soon with helpful suggestions....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Sometimes, when the battery of the reader was run down completely, it won't charge via USB. You will have to charge it with a dedicated charger (a PSP-charger will do). Perhaps you have a PSP or your friend has an external charger for his reader?
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
daveh2k5

thanks

Ill Buy a charger first thing tomorrow but should it be freezing ?? like i say i fully charge it via usb but wen i turn it on it says no battery , freezes and turns off ???

Last edited by daveh2k5; 01-08-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #5
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveh2k5 View Post
Ill Buy a charger first thing tomorrow but should it be freezing ?? like i say i fully charge it via usb but wen i turn it on it says no battery , freezes and turns off ???
Well there is no guarantee that an external charger will be the solution but i guess that the device seems to freeze because it's running on very, very low power.
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
daveh2k5

okay thanks ill try the charger
Old 01-08-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that if you do not run Reader Library, the Reader can actually have the battery drained while charging via your computer's USB.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #8
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that if you do not run Reader Library, the Reader can actually have the battery drained while charging via your computer's USB.
What has the library software to do with that?
Old 01-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I have never had the Sony Reader Library software on my laptop and until quite recently always charged my 505 via the USB connection. I never had this problem - charging was perfect.

In fact, just today, my 505 wouldn't start up because the battery was so low. I couldn't find my mains charger, so plugged it into the (no Reader Library installed) laptop via the USB connection. It's now fully charged and working perfectly.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
What has the library software to do with that?
It's what sorts out the USB so the Reader can charge.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 03:39 PM   #11
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
So how does mine charge (see my earlier post)?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Quote:
I'm fairly sure that's only needed for the PRS-500 (and maybe not even that if it's got the new firmware) but not the PRS-505.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #13
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Three of my four PRS-505's have never been connected to eBook Library.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #14
netseeker
sleepless reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynevans View Post
I'm fairly sure that's only needed for the PRS-500 (and maybe not even that if it's got the new firmware) but not the PRS-505.
You are right. The PRS-500 requires a special USB driver, the PRS-505 not.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
c1yat
c1yat doesn't litterc1yat doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS505
Its always worth a hard reset with the button on the back to send everything back to factory settings. This often works with devices that have power management programs
c1yat is offline   Reply With Quote