Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 01:55 AM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Free E-book: The Infinite Sea, by Jeffrey A. Carver

I've just added to my downloads page the final volume, to date, of The Chaos Chronicles--The Infinite Sea! Not all of the formats are in place yet, but html, rtf, pdf (2 versions), and Mobipocket are ready to go. I hope to add the rest soon.

Enjoy!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:22 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks, Keep on the good work
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 AM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Thanks, I still have to read the first, nevermind get to the third! I'm still getting through the original Tor freebies
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Thanks Downloaded and tip sent.
I am looking forward to reading the third installment in this great series.
Still reading Strange Attractors.
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Excellent Jeffery. You rock!!!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #6
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Jeffrey,

I know this is the wrong thread, it should be in the ' Neptune crossing'-one but I didn't know if you still read that one.

The point is, in the mobipocket file of Neptune crossing the following errors still occur:

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
You'll find two more instances of lines that make no sense, at the beginning of Ch. 16, and the end.

"Previous Julie..." and
"SETS W..."
Not that it is a big problem, but I guess you want your downloads as good as they can get
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #7
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dang! I thought I'd gotten all those out!

(That's right; it wasn't until Strange Attractors that I learned how to seek-and-destroy hidden text. I guess I didn't go back. Probably didn't want to know.)

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll fix them.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Hm. Those errors are not in my Word file, so I must have had a version control problem with Dennis, who did the ToC markup. I'll have to check with Dennis, because I can fix the error, but I don't know how to redo the ToC in Creator.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #9
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
thanks for sharing your books. I've never had the opportunity to read anything you've written before so I look forward to giving your stories a chance.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 08:15 PM   #10
rab46
rab46 began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise e1150
Wow, this was perfect timing. I just finished Strange Attractors earlier today. I've enjoyed the books and left a little something in the ole tip jar. Thanks.
rab46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:40 AM   #11
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Glad I could arrange that for you, rab!
Old 09-24-2008, 12:03 AM   #12
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
ell, arr, EFF! ell, arr, EFF!

DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:47 AM   #13
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Hmm, shall I take that as a plea for a .LRF file? Hmmmm...

Jon's working on it. Haven't heard from him in a few days, but I'm sure as soon as he's able, he'll get it to me.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Speaking of which, I'm curious how my noble conversion folk are doing. (Not a nag, just an expression of interest.) I know that LRF and PDB are in the making.

I don't think I ever heard back from my LIT and EPUB chiefs. You guys want to give this third book a shot?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #15
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've been pretty busy over the last few days, but I'll try to give the eReader conversion a shot when I get home from work tonight. Should only take an hour or so, I hope.
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote