Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #16
mapabl
Enthusiast
mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'mapabl understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: iPad Air, iPad Mini. Nook Glo, Kindle Paperwhite,
Using Dropbox to sideload books without rooting

I learned through another post that you don't have to root an e-ink device, if it has wifi capability, to sideload books just by using your Dropbox account.
Using your wireless capability at home, travel, etc., just go to the website:
www.dropbox.com/m and sign-in to your Dropbox account (free service) and download whatever books you have copied to your Dropbox and it will open with your stock reader.
I do this all the time with my Sony T1 (not rooted). I rooted my NookST and just use the Dropbox app. No cords or usb needed. Good Luck.

EDIT: Sorry - Since my Touch is rooted, I forgot the NOOK Touch doesn't have a web browser like the Sony T1 does so you cannot get to Dropbox.com without rooting.....that's too bad.

Last edited by mapabl; 04-29-2012 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Incorrect info
mapabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #17
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapabl View Post
I learned through another post that you don't have to root an e-ink device, if it has wifi capability, to sideload books just by using your Dropbox account.
Using your wireless capability at home, travel, etc., just go to the website:
www.dropbox.com/m and sign-in to your Dropbox account (free service) and download whatever books you have copied to your Dropbox and it will open with your stock reader.
I do this all the time with my Sony T1 (not rooted). I rooted my NookST and just use the Dropbox app. No cords or usb needed. Good Luck.
I don't understand your post. The nook ST does not have a broswer, so I can't get to the dropbox website. I would need to root the nook to add a browser...no?
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert