Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #106
steepnd
steepnd began at the beginning.

Device: k2us
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqqofgsm View Post
Thanks to NiLuJe, now I have a font package which supports chinese character. I tried it out on my Kindle 2i, and it worked. I put it in the attachment for download.
thanks for the packages. Chinese characters are readable now! now I just need a better way of converting the pdb files from http://www.haodoo.net/ to mobi...
steepnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:38 AM   #107
jqqofgsm
jqqofgsm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kornhill View Post
Hi, I use your font, in the browser page, for Chinese unicode website the title changed to Chinese display but the content are still those square. I see in your zip file there are 6 ttf files. Do I need change to make it 12 files like NiLuJe mentioned ?
There are two zip files. I think you should download both and overwrite your original ones (to be safe, make a backup of your original). Then it should work. It works in my kindle.
jqqofgsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #108
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
@NiJuLe Thanks for the list. In the end bold looked better :P

@jqqofgsm
The CJK font works awesome! My mum hasn't read for ages, I'd like to get her started with the kindle ;] Thanks for your hard work. Is there a bold version of the roman alphabet letters for droid sans fallback?
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #109
kornhill
kornhill began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqqofgsm View Post
There are two zip files. I think you should download both and overwrite your original ones (to be safe, make a backup of your original). Then it should work. It works in my kindle.
In thread #76 there are actually 2 rar file where I mistake it as 2 parts of an rar and extract only the 1st one. Thanks for the information.
kornhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #110
masterebotzki
masterebotzki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2i
could you make a hack for the divalo font hack from here thank you.

https://sites.google.com/a/etccreati...kindlev23fonts
masterebotzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #111
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Hi NiLuJe,

First of all.... thank you so much for your post and attachments and all the work you've done with the 2.5.# hacks.

I have a simple question regarding the Font Hack...

Is it possible to just change the font used for the book text, without changing all the other fonts that are used (the menus, title bar, password pop-up screen etc)?

The way I have used the hack has been to copy all of the font files provided in the font zip file into the appropriate folder assuming that is what I have been meant to be doing. It has worked fine, except that I don't like the file system fonts and the password screen has a glitch as well (the [enter] image... for the PRESS [ENTER] TO SUBMIT section) ... it doesn't look right.

In other words... I want the Helvetica2 font for the text in the ebooks but I don't want the other fonts provided in the font download... is this possible?

I'm assuming it would mean creating a copy of the default ttf font files and just replacing the one font file responsible for the book text (but I'm not sure which one it is given that there are a whole bunch of them in each download)... and then I assume I would put all the font files with my one replaced one for the book text into the font hack folder, yes?

I know I could probably do this with a trial-and-error approach but it would take a while, so I thought I would just ask... given that there may be others that want to do a similar thing (mix and match the font files). It hasn't really been explained anywhere (as far as I know), so I might paste this as a reply in the hack thread as well.

Perhaps a list of what each of the ttf font files in each download is responsible for if that's possible?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give;

Drew

Last edited by Balerion; 06-26-2010 at 02:12 PM.
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #112
Balerion
Connoisseur

I used the uninstall file to go back to the default fonts while I wait for a reply to my other query... the uninstall put my book text back to default, but it didn't change the file system fonts... I had to copy and cut-out the "auto" file (as has been described) to disable the hack... is this normal... that it only puts the book text font back to default?
Old 06-27-2010, 11:32 AM   #113
thadiyan
Enthusiast
thadiyan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Touch
Hello,

I am not sure whether I can ask this question in this post or not, but is it possible to get the nook Amasis font on the kindle with the font hack in place? Or if that is some kind of DMCA violation, what would the closest replacement be?

Thanks,
thadiyan

Last edited by thadiyan; 06-27-2010 at 03:08 PM.
thadiyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #114
jeanniespc
jeanniespc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook, Sony PRS300
Will we still have to uninstall the Font Hack before we get any future software updates for the Kindle?
jeanniespc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:24 PM   #115
NogDog
Noggin (1998-2011)
NogDog began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniespc View Post
Will we still have to uninstall the Font Hack before we get any future software updates for the Kindle?
Most likely, yes, but I do not know that 100% for sure.
NogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #116
test011
Connoisseur
test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.test011 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: K2i, K3(B006), KT(WiFi)
Hi NiLuJe,

Can your jailbreak uninstaller uninstall clarknova's jailbreak hack?
test011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #117
Balerion
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiyan View Post
Hello,

I am not sure whether I can ask this question in this post or not, but is it possible to get the nook Amasis font on the kindle with the font hack in place? Or if that is some kind of DMCA violation, what would the closest replacement be?

Thanks,
thadiyan
(this post is an extension of a previous PM to Thadiyan explaining that I had just found his font and was going to test it after renaming it to Serif_Regular.ttf in order to try and replace the book text on our Kindles)....

I just successfully applied the Amasis Monotype font to the book text in my kindle !!! I have attached the file for you... already renamed to Serif_Regular.ttf ... I assume you are already using the font hack, yes? Just copy my Serif_Regular.ttf file and go to

[Kindle Drive #]:\linkfonts\fonts\ .... and paste it in that "fonts" folder...

Its a nice font... really nice... although not as thick as I would want... going to try a bold version now... if I can find a free download of it...

I am now determined to create the best mix of the best fonts for all the different parts of our Kindle OS...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Amasis Monotype for Kindle_book_text_only_file.zip (46.9 KB, 891 views)
Old 06-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #118
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, after a few days out of town, I'm back! I'm resuming work on the next version, so that should come out later this week if all is well. If everything works out, it'll be a bit safer & easier to switch fonts (regarding the weird missing screen parts & co), and you won't need to deactivate or uninstall it to install official updates, thanks to the infos shared here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterebotzki View Post
could you make a hack for the divalo font hack from here thank you.

https://sites.google.com/a/etccreati...kindlev23fonts
Yep, I'll do that ASAP, I like this font, I was planning on trying it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balerion View Post
I used the uninstall file to go back to the default fonts while I wait for a reply to my other query... the uninstall put my book text back to default, but it didn't change the file system fonts... I had to copy and cut-out the "auto" file (as has been described) to disable the hack... is this normal... that it only puts the book text font back to default?
What do you mean exactly by 'the file system fonts'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniespc View Post
In the current version, removing the trigger file (linkfonts/auto) and rebooting should be enough. The next version won't have this restriction .

Quote:
Originally Posted by test011 View Post
Hi NiLuJe,

Can your jailbreak uninstaller uninstall clarknova's jailbreak hack?
Yes.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-29-2010 at 07:36 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #119
al3bsi
al3bsi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
can yo help me please

i want arabic font to read list books correct
al3bsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:57 AM   #120
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I am loving the fontin2 font! I have found that if you use Calibre to eject your kindle, the kindle doesnt freeze and the restart is very simple to do.

I have ordered another kindle for my partner - I have to remember how to do all the hack setup from the beginning, once I have upgraded it to 2.5.3!
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet