Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 01:11 PM   #16
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ava0775 View Post
I was able to change the file extension to .zip instead of .epub and delete the css stylesheet file, then change the extension back to .epub. This was all done on a duplicate copy of the original .epub file from the library. I then moved the edited file directly onto my Kobo through Windows Explorer. Works perfectly now. Of course, I lost two days in my 14 day borrowing limit trying to figure this out, which is rather annoying.
Please send a note to Kobo technical support with the exact title and format library book you used which failed to work. They are here, 24 hrs a day: help@kobobooks.com. Library access is a key selling feature of the Kobo over the Kindle -- but Kobo needs to hear from users like us that mainstream ePubs are failing. Your e-book library site is probably driven by Overdrive in which case you can easily locate: title, author, publisher, ISBN all from the single page showing the title.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #17
ottawabound
ottawabound began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
The following worked for me: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2977974

I uninstalled ADE.

Reinstalled ADE.

Factory Reset my Kobo.

Downloaded my library book to ADE.

Then plugged Kobo into my laptop.

ADE automatically detected Kobo and reauthorized.

Synced to Kobo.

Book opened perfectly!
ottawabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert