Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #1
thsheng
thsheng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
How do I charge Kindle TOuch in fastboot mode?

I kept reading that I need to charge the Kindle Touch in fastboot mode to resolve the battery not charging issues that I may be having.

How do I do that? Does it mean I mave to use MfgTool, set to fastboot while the Kindle is connected to the usb od the PC ?
thsheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Yes, fastboot. Leave connected to host PC, but no USB driver needed for charging.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
loomit
loomit doesn't litterloomit doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi,

I kind of seem to have the same issue with my Kindle Touch. Regardless how I try to charge it (wall plug, USB on PC, USB with fastboot on MfgTool) it won't charge. The orange LED goes off after about an hour and the device won't boot or do anything at all. The screen is still showing a three month old advertisement.

Any advice on what else I could try?

Cheers
loomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #4
Jyohomson
Reader
Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.Jyohomson for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3 3G (Broken), Kindle Touch (Broken), Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loomit View Post
Hi,

I kind of seem to have the same issue with my Kindle Touch. Regardless how I try to charge it (wall plug, USB on PC, USB with fastboot on MfgTool) it won't charge. The orange LED goes off after about an hour and the device won't boot or do anything at all. The screen is still showing a three month old advertisement.

Any advice on what else I could try?

Cheers
It may be a physical problem. Contact Amazon. They might be able to help.
Jyohomson is offline   Reply With Quote