Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #931
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Blog it! Tweet it! pInterest it!
Yeah, I'll probably stick it on my blog. And maybe in the author promo section here. I did.

I probably should mention, in case it's not clear, that it's done for laughs.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-24-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #932
LibbyAndrew
LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LibbyAndrew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I am working on: Promoting my middle grade fiction novel about fashion based on my experiences working at Vogue and Imagine Entertainment. Copyright 2012. It came out August 4th! It is selling really well on Kindle for Amazon. [promotion edit - moderator] I've just finished outlining the second book in the series which should be out Summer/Fall 2013

Last edited by dreams; 08-14-2012 at 03:28 PM.
LibbyAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:00 AM   #933
sarahdalton
Enthusiast
sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle D00901
I'm supposed to be re-writing my sequel to The Blemished and it's important because I want it to be released this year. But I'm far too distracted by promoting The Blemished and checking my sales every 5 minutes

Ha ha! I think I must have debut novel syndrome.
sarahdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #934
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahdalton View Post
I'm supposed to be re-writing my sequel to The Blemished and it's important because I want it to be released this year. But I'm far too distracted by promoting The Blemished and checking my sales every 5 minutes

Ha ha! I think I must have debut novel syndrome.

Yep, DNS!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #935
sarahdalton
Enthusiast
sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sarahdalton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle D00901
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Yep, DNS!
It's really quite debilitating. What's the cure?
sarahdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #936
Sakinah
Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sakinah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm writing a science fiction story about humanoids.
Sakinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #937
Stephen B
Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stephen B ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

I just joined the forum and I'm learning all I can about epublishing. I got my book, The Puzzle Master, as far as getting a top flight New York agent and we were up before the Thomas and Mercer (Amazon's new hard publishing thriller imprint) editorial acquisitions board - but they passed last week - SIGH! So I'm taking back control of my own destiny and preparing for launch.

Stephen B
Stephen B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #938
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Good Luck!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #939
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yesterday I dashed off a flash-fiction entry to io9.com's new project: authors are invited to write a <800-word FF based on two images provided by Framestore; in 2 weeks, new graphics will be submitted based on one of the submitted writings, and everybody submits new stories; at the end, they hope to have a coherent full story.

Don't know if they're likely to pick my story to continue, but I'm considering finishing it myself, even if they don't.

[Links deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-02-2012 at 10:18 AM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #940
Quiss
Spits infinitives
Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony
What I WANT to do is start a new novel because I had a cool idea for one.

What I HAVE to do is update my text book before my publisher starts frothing at the mouth. That'll take me clear into October
Quiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #941
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
The Fall of Humpty Dumpty went to beta stage today. Started planning out Bare Knuckle Bitch.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:46 PM   #942
teh603
Autism Spectrum Disorder
teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teh603 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Phone
My plot bunnies have reached an all- time low; they just cross-bred Super Sentai with the Cthulhu Mythos, and the resulting squid-ranger-bunnies are now sorting themselves out into my notebook.
teh603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:12 AM   #943
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm halfway through a new thriller. But I'm writing some erotic shorts in between. :-)
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #944
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
I just finished writing a short script for a video interview segment, me being interviewed by... an empty chair. (At the last minute, the interviewer gets an opportunity to interview Amanda Hocking, and bails on me.)

It was really just to pass the time; I have no video equipment or facilities, so I'm sure it'll never get done.

Back to story development.
The "Man," Clint Eastwood likes the empty chair thing. Maybe you should give him a call. I would watch.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #945
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I'm working on novel #11, going back to one of my early settings and filling out the back story of some of my old characters. The latest is a romantic fantasy involving a young woman mage and a young soldier on his first posting. It's going slowly at the moment but I'm waiting for that creative burst that always seems to happen. Being trapped in boring committee meetings for several days are great for shooting fresh ideas into my brain for some reason.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote