Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Amazon Holland

I just read on a Dutch tech website, Tweakers, that Amazon is planning to open the Dutch webstore soon. They're aiming for September but it might be a little later.

source
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
That's great for the Dutch people but it's not exactly going to change the lives of the rest of the world, is it ?
By the way, thanks for the link but can't read Dutch as most people so the link was not really necessary. I take your word for it.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
it'd be nice if they could just open the main webstore to everyone...but i guess that entails a lot of complications *shrugs* but it would make the temptation of piracy less
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:58 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Good news, especially for books in Dutch.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:09 AM   #5
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
That's great for the Dutch people but it's not exactly going to change the lives of the rest of the world, is it ?
By the way, thanks for the link but can't read Dutch as most people so the link was not really necessary. I take your word for it.

???????????
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So your linguistic shortcomings are a reason not to post a link?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 AM   #7
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
it'd be nice if they could just open the main webstore to everyone...but i guess that entails a lot of complications *shrugs* but it would make the temptation of piracy less
I agree with you. I also wish that the gift card balance was universal and could be used in all stores.

I don't know if I'm going to switch from Amazon US, which is where I currently buy most of my ebooks to the Dutch store, it depends on how much English language ebooks they offer and how much they cost. But it will be easier and cheaper to get a Kindle.

I'm glad that Amazon is opening the new store if only for the reason that that currently biggest online store Bol.com gets some competition because their customer service has been getting worse and worse over the last couple of years.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:27 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
The rest of the world being.....You, Yourself, Your Highness and on very rare but precious occasions, Your Brain I presume ?????

Quote:
By the way, thanks for the link but can't read Dutch as most people
What ??? You can't read Dutch ?

Quote:
so the link was not really necessary. I take your word for it.
How mighty grand of you.

Good decision of Amazon, the many Dutch I know (nice and cultivated people, btw) are huge readers. They speak and read perfectly well English (and German, and very often French too), but of course it is nice to have access to a big library in your own language.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #9
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
That will be good for me too I presume. I live in Belgium, prices will be in €, no more losing money on amazon conversion form GBP and faster delivery than from UK. I heard it would cover the benelux countries.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I agree with you. I also wish that the gift card balance was universal and could be used in all stores.

I don't know if I'm going to switch from Amazon US, which is where I currently buy most of my ebooks to the Dutch store, it depends on how much English language ebooks they offer and how much they cost. But it will be easier and cheaper to get a Kindle.

I'm glad that Amazon is opening the new store if only for the reason that that currently biggest online store Bol.com gets some competition because their customer service has been getting worse and worse over the last couple of years.
i agree on the gc balance it's frustrating for me. i'm a big fan also of japanese rock music, but i can only get it from amazon japan, and that would entail another process of opening an account, etc etc. i wish they were all interconnected. that would be lovely.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #11
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
(snip) that would entail another process of opening an account, etc etc. i wish they were all interconnected. that would be lovely.
But they are??? Unless Japanese isn't? I can get into amazon.uk, .com, .de all with the same login and password???
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I just read on a Dutch tech website, Tweakers, that Amazon is planning to open the Dutch webstore soon. They're aiming for September but it might be a little later.

source
Wonderful! Excellent! Congrats!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #13
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
That's great news indeed. Hopefully, they'll throw in the latest edition of the van Dale dictionary and not some cheap no-name dictionary like they did when they opened the French Amazon store.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
i agree on the gc balance it's frustrating for me. i'm a big fan also of japanese rock music, but i can only get it from amazon japan, and that would entail another process of opening an account, etc etc. i wish they were all interconnected. that would be lovely.
Are you sure? I can log into any of the Amazon sites with the same credentials. I've used Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de; all with the same login.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Are you sure? I can log into any of the Amazon sites with the same credentials. I've used Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de; all with the same login.
i'll try it again~

edit: amazon jp won't let me