Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-22-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
yunti
Enthusiast
yunti began at the beginning.

Device: None
Any way to sync/backup notes made an Ipad with Calibre?

I'm looking for a way to backup (or ideally sync) notes/annotations made on the ipad with Calibre. I understand that there is a way to do this for the kindle.

Ideally I would like to be able to see notes made on epub made with ibooks (or another ipad app) and then see these when using a computer and iphone.
yunti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunti View Post
I'm looking for a way to backup (or ideally sync) notes/annotations made on the ipad with Calibre. I understand that there is a way to do this for the kindle.

Ideally I would like to be able to see notes made on epub made with ibooks (or another ipad app) and then see these when using a computer and iphone.
You don't need Calibre to sync notes between iBooks on your iPad and your iPhone-it should do that automatically. Also, you can export all your notes from iBooks by email to your computer as a file, from the TOC/Bookmarks page. Unfortunately, it doesn't send highlights, just notes.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
yunti
Enthusiast

Thanks that's a pretty good start. (I presume it only exports notes due to copyright protection on exporting extracts with highlights?)

Shame there isn't a way to then browse ebooks on the computer that have been annotated using the ipad/iphone with those annotations embedded.
Does any ereader have this flexibility?
Old 03-22-2011, 06:16 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunti View Post
Thanks that's a pretty good start. (I presume it only exports notes due to copyright protection on exporting extracts with highlights?)

Shame there isn't a way to then browse ebooks on the computer that have been annotated using the ipad/iphone with those annotations embedded.
Does any ereader have this flexibility?
I wonder if we will see iBooks on the Mac App Store at some point.

Right now, I believe you can do this with the Kindle app on computers.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #5
yunti
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I wonder if we will see iBooks on the Mac App Store at some point.

Right now, I believe you can do this with the Kindle app on computers.
Thanks I hadn't realised the Kindle app could do that.
I read that Calibre can sync notes with a Kindle 2. Can it do this with the Kindle app?

- That's a good point about iBooks not being on the Mac yet. It's rumoured to be coming out soon, so hopefully it won't be too long.

Last edited by yunti; 03-23-2011 at 07:37 AM.