Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-03-2020, 05:49 PM   #1
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
In Docx to ePub Conversion window, wanna add Kobo Forma in the "Output Profile" list

I am in the Conversion screen. On the top-left it says "Input format:docx". On the right-top corner, it says "Output Format: Epub".

On the left side, I choose "Page Layout".

The middle-top of the window is the "Output profile" section. There's a lot of devices there, but not Kobo Forma. How can I add my Kobo Forma, which has specs of 1440 × 1920 and 300 PPI, to the list?

Last edited by droopy; 04-03-2020 at 05:53 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
For Kobo Forma (and all large screen devices) You have to use "tablet", to avoid that images will be downsized.

Last edited by ps67; 04-03-2020 at 06:18 PM.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2020, 10:18 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
And my recommendation is that for all conversions that you use the tablet profile. Unless you have a very old ereader, or a specific case, you don't want to resize he images. Let the device or app handle scaling the image when it shows it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:37 PM   #4
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
thanks ps67 and DavidFor for your input (punny!).
Maybe Kovid should either update the list of output profiles, or change the "profile description" for "tablet", which currently reads:

"Intended for generic tablet devices, does no resizing of images [Screen size: unlimited]"

Before I read your replies here, I avoided this Tablet profile because my Kobo is not a tablet device, and I thought the different screen tech would be disqualifying difference for me to use the Tablet profile.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote