Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
sionix
sionix began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Very frustrated with Kobo! PC wont recognize or find devices

I bought 2 kobo wireless' for my kids for Christmas.. pc does not find them no matter what I do!

Suggestions?

What I have already done:
Tried different usb cords
Tried different usb ports
Tried rebooting pc with it connected and not connected
Tried multiple computers (we have 4 in the house)
Tried banging my head on the desk (bad idea)

I already have a ton of books for the kids who so want to use their new readers.. HELP!
sionix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you plug the readers in (from a turned off state) do they turn on and give you a read or manage choice on the screen? If so, you need to select "manage" for them to be seen by the computer.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
sionix

okies thank you, now just trying to figuere out what folder to drag and drop to! lol

Yay kids are set! Used calibre to send em over. Have to admit I much prefer my drag and drag on my sony

Last edited by sionix; 12-25-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
If you want to drag and drop, just drag them to the root directory (first one that opens) on the Kobo or if you want you and create folders to keep the files straight (folders won't show when you're using the Kobo, but will help you manage the files if you have a lot of them). I use Calibre for conversions and things, but I just drag and drop stuff on all the time.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
sionix

ty Will be much easier that way
Advert