Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
p010ne
Eighter from Decatur
p010ne began at the beginning.

Device: k2i
Question every word free game updated?

Notice that Every Word is available again, but how to check my version?
I deleted from my K2i & downloaded from archive, but my game is the same!
p010ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I thought they only made it unavailable to remove naughty words? So it should be exactly the same except no politically incorrect words coming up.

Not sure whether your archived copy will be the same or a different version - you'd have thought Amazon would have updated them all.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Go to the Every Word product page - if you see the option to upgrade/update, then you still have the old version in your archive. If you wish to get the new version, then click. They also added the option to send to your Kindles directly from the product page, rather than having to go to the manage my kindle page, it appears.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #4
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
Yeah, I got the new version yesterday. Fun game!
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
p010ne
Eighter from Decatur
p010ne began at the beginning.

Device: k2i
Question Kindle support reply:

Quote:
Hello,

It was brought to our attention that the previous version of the Every Word game did not block some inappropriate words. The new version of Every Word includes an updated dictionary.

You will need to re-download the game from the Manage Your Kindle page to update the version of Every Word on your Kindle. Please visit http://www.amazon.com/myk and follow these instructions:

1. Locate Every Word in the "Your Orders" section. If you have a lot of content, you may need to use the Previous and Next links at the bottom to navigate through all of your content.
2. Click the "+" icon to reveal the order details and available actions.
3. Select the Kindle you wish you send the update to from the drop down menu and click “GO” to send it wirelessly to your Kindle. If you wish to download it to your computer for USB transfer to your Kindle, click the “Download to computer” button.

I hope this helps.
Did all this as suggested but see NO option to update? Sent it to K2i but detect no difference - suppose it is just a new word list somewhere?
p010ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Boo. Still not available in the UK.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Pinnacler
Pinnacler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Tier, why not just get one imported?
Pinnacler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:15 PM   #8
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnacler View Post
Tier, why not just get one imported?
Transferring my account to Amazon US still brings it up as "Not currently available" and it doesn't seem to exist at all on the UK store.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
every word, free games, update