Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Help requested to diagnose book problem

As described in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...267#post625267

I'm having a problem on my PRS-600 with a particular book (which I've created myself) "skipping" pages on the PRS-600. I would very much appreciate it if anyone else with a PRS-600 could follow the instructions on that thread and see (and let me know) if they get the same behavior as I do (or not, of course).

Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM   #2
justincoe
justincoe has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505 amd PRS-600
The problem you mentioned had been reproduced repeatedly on my PRS-600. The page before the skip is numbered as 30 of 242 and the one after the skipped page as 30-31 of 242.

Last edited by justincoe; 10-14-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: correction
justincoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
I just tried your test with the settings described below.

1. Load the book ("Miscellaneous Papers" by Charles Dickens).
2. Set the text size to "Medium".
3. Go to the chapter called "Capital Punishment"

The first time I tried it, jumping back and forth across the page repeatedly, the text was missing as you described. However, I then switched to small to make sure I had actually had it all, and saw the missing text. When I switched back to medium, the page was no longer being skipped.

I got out of "Miscellaneous Papers", loaded and viewed two other books, then went back to the Dickens book. The page still shows up, so I could not duplicate the error that showed up when I first opened your book.

If you can post another reference for missing pages, I'll check to see if my changing sizes fixed all of the errors, or just that one page.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
justincoe
justincoe has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505 amd PRS-600
Yeah, switching from M back to S and then back to M did the trick as stated by Jim. However, sometimes I have to push the next page button twice in order to turn p31-32 to next page.
justincoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJim View Post
I just tried your test with the settings described below.

1. Load the book ("Miscellaneous Papers" by Charles Dickens).
2. Set the text size to "Medium".
3. Go to the chapter called "Capital Punishment"

The first time I tried it, jumping back and forth across the page repeatedly, the text was missing as you described. However, I then switched to small to make sure I had actually had it all, and saw the missing text. When I switched back to medium, the page was no longer being skipped.

I got out of "Miscellaneous Papers", loaded and viewed two other books, then went back to the Dickens book. The page still shows up, so I could not duplicate the error that showed up when I first opened your book.

If you can post another reference for missing pages, I'll check to see if my changing sizes fixed all of the errors, or just that one page.
Thank you very much for trying this, Jim. I'm convinced that this is a bug in the PRS-600; it seems to display fine on every other ePub device - including the 505. As long as it's only the one book, obviously it's no more than a minor irritation. It's as if the book is being incorrectly paginated at the medium font size, for some reason.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert