Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-17-2015, 07:59 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Apple E-book Monitor Reports 'Setbacks'

I don't know if anyone even cares about news dealing with this anymore, but I just saw this and thought I'd pass it along...

Apple E-book Monitor Reports 'Setbacks'
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/b...-setbacks.html
Quote:
In his third report, filed this week, Apple’s court-appointed external compliance monitor Michael Bromwich told Judge Denise Cote that Apple has made some progress on implementing a “robust” antitrust compliance program, but he also reported “significant setbacks.”
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Gee, I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, to hear the Bromwich thinks that.

I would imagine that we will find out fairly soon if the appeals court renders Bromwich's opinion moot or not. There are currently two appeals which have been heard and are currently being decided, one of the verdict by Cote and one of the appointment of Bromwich.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:10 PM   #3
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks for the update. Interesting, particularly in light of the HarperCollins return to agency pricing as discussing in that thread.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote