Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #46
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Palm Treo 700p & iPaq hx2755
Question. Has ANYONE found these books in electronic format for the PalmOS device, or even in HTML that I can convert to ISilo?

I'd like to buy a set of them for my girlfriend, and one for myself (of course, I'm not going to pass up on having a digital copy of some great books). but I can't find them on PalmDigitalMedia. I'm not entirely sure they have a very comprehensive selection, either.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
derekweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:55 AM   #47
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I don't think the Harry Potter novels were ever released as e-books (someone could prove me wrong). On the other hand, I think they were also the most pirated books on the Net, and it is almost impossible to not find them somewhere on the Net in html format... Usenet groups, IRC, Emule, ...
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2004, 08:24 AM   #48
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekweb
Question. Has ANYONE found these books in electronic format for the PalmOS device, or even in HTML that I can convert to ISilo?

I'd like to buy a set of them for my girlfriend, and one for myself (of course, I'm not going to pass up on having a digital copy of some great books). but I can't find them on PalmDigitalMedia. I'm not entirely sure they have a very comprehensive selection, either.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!
Hey,

This is not the place to ask such a question. Don't mean to be rude but books in .html format are easily copied and distributed by pirates.

@doctorow Do not discuss file sharing networks here.

Last edited by zire71man; 06-30-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Zire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:38 PM   #49
derekweb
Groupie
derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.derekweb could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekweb
Looks like I'm going to have to quote myself here. I was NOT asking for access to pirated materials. I was asking about the probability, possibility and if such existance was true, a link perhaps to finding the materials.

I am well aware of file sharing networks. Everyone knows that you can get just about everything through one of those services. I don't, and won't, use them.

I'm sorry you took me out of context. Hope this clears up my stance.
Old 08-03-2004, 12:02 AM   #50
derekweb
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zire71man
This is not the place to ask such a question. Don't mean to be rude but books in .html format are easily copied and distributed by pirates.

@doctorow Do not discuss file sharing networks here.
Found a publisher that actually distributes some of their books, FOR FREE even, in HTML format. Just thought I'd point this out. Especially since I'm a big fan now of Honor Harrington, by David Weber (thanks to my Girlfriend... it's all her fault).

http://www.baen.com/library/

You should give them a try. They're awesome!
Advert
Old 08-03-2004, 07:04 PM   #51
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Baen is a top site, that's true. JKR's books aren't legally available (which is a shame, as I reckon they'd do a _lot_ to increase the profile and use of ebooks in general if/when they do become available).

There's a lot of good HP fan fiction (most of it is novel length too). I've posted about some elsewhere in these forums (search on Potter or Purdom). I can also post some urls here if you're interested, Derek.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:23 AM   #52
derekweb
Groupie

I'll take a look around and post back or Private if I run into any questions. Thank you, however, for the info! Potter would indeed, I also believe, to increase the eBook reach and acceptance. But I wonder if she even knows about this. /shrug.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:54 AM   #53
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
You are totally right! Why is it that so many major book authors are hesitant to be have their work published as e-books? I am not surprised that many frustrated minds follow "darker" paths to read their favorite books on PDA.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 03:36 PM   #54
Gatton
Groupie
Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gatton has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2021, assorted Fire tablets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
You are totally right! Why is it that so many major book authors are hesitant to be have their work published as e-books? I am not surprised that many frustrated minds follow "darker" paths to read their favorite books on PDA.
I wish I could find the link but...I read somewhere that Rowling or her publisher or both were asking for $1 Million in advance for the ebook rights to her books. Since ebooks are still catching on and the market isn't that large yet the ebook publishers balked and passed. Definitely a catch-22.
Gatton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 07:56 PM   #55
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm not surprised by that situation at all. <sigh> Maybe by the time the next book is ready, she may reconsider (especially as they could then offer all 6 books)

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote