Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #1
striker1
striker1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505 / Kindle DX
Exclamation Issue when adding metadata front page to mobi output

Hi All,

I have been using Calibre for sometime now with my SONY and Kindle DX readers and it is really fantastic!

I really like the addition of metadata on front pages as I can quickly read the synopsis of the book and decide whether to read it on not depending on the mood I am in or flick for another one.

However the problem I get with this conversion (only on mobi output) is with the tag section. Normally you would get something like:

Tags: Fiction, espionage, thriller... etc.

What I get is all the above with an extra line(s) containing the tags with 3 ts at the end of each tag. So I would get something like:

Tags: Fiction, espionage, thriller
Fictionttt, espionagettt, thrillerttt

I don't know if this happens because of some setting that I am using or if there is really a bug in the software. Has anybody else come accross this issue?

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks!
striker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
its deliberate to allow for searching for a tag over all books. Suppose you have a tag named "cool"

now if you search for cool on the Kindle it will show you all books with the word cool anywhere in them.

In instead you search for coolttt you get only the tagged books.

It needs tobe done this way as the search on the Kindle doesn't recognize special chars like commas, etc.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
striker1
striker1 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-505 / Kindle DX
Thanks Kovid. Now I know it's not me!

Cheers!!!! :-)
striker1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata, mobi conversion